An analysis of low elo ranked games by Lord Grahf.

#1Lord GrahfPosted 4/20/2012 12:13:22 AM
So here's how it works.

After about two months of playing this game, which I don't particularly enjoy yet for some reason seem to spend a lot of time playing it anyway, I have come to a few conclusions.

One, that this is probably the worst gaming community I've ever seen.

And two, that there truly is an elo hell, and the reason there's an elo hell is because of people like me.

After numerous games as Crit Sona, AD Annie, AD Zilean and On-Hit Ziggs, and becoming bored with making my teammates angry every game, I decided to take my game to the next level and tank my normal elo.

Don't get me wrong, my elo was not fantastic. I topped out at 1306 and I never took it all that seriously, but at least I'd pick a champion and attempt to win. I'd ask my teammates to buy wards and ping objectives on the map and overall I maintained just around a 50% win rate doing so.

However, starting over the weekend, I decided to play random and only random in ranked. And not just the 'lock-in-a-champ' type of random, but the 'go-AFK-and-let-the-game-choose-for-you' random. No trading champions and no cheating. Random only.

I found, for one, that there were a lot of champions I owned but never played until now. I also found that it was fairly easy to win if the team was competent and didn't rage because you didn't pick a character that fit the meta. But the thing that I found to be the most astounding and resolute was that people will be mad and people will throw the game because they are mad if you don't pick the champion or role they wanted you to.

I absolutely try to win every game I play, no matter what champion I get. I may be purposely obnoxious and I may have some bad games because of a piss-poor matchup or because I have a champion I have never played before. But at the elo I have fallen to, I have found that most of these players demand to play the meta and don't even know why. And if they lose, even if it's because they fed their own lane, it's immediately my fault for choosing a champion that didn't fit that meta.

So let's call this topic a diary of sorts. In it I will post my victory and defeat screencaps as well as any important in-game screens I can remember to take at the time. Over the last few days I have seen some of the most unbelievably bad play and some of the most incomprehensible logic one could imagine, and I know that it somehow is only going to get worse as I head toward my goal of 500 elo.

I repeat: I try to win every game I play, despite picking a random champion in queue. I never intentionally feed or go AFK in matches.

Enjoy it, or don't. I will be posting new matches as I complete them. This is as much for my own research and entertainment as it is for anyone else who is interested.

Format:

Elo:

Champion:

Result:

Notes:
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#2Lord Grahf(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2012 12:13:37 AM
Elo: 873

Champion: Irelia

Result: http://i.imgur.com/KyfDt.jpg

Notes: In this game, I was top lane against Nasus. The highlight of the match came at the 1:10 mark when, despite seeing Karthus on the minimap standing in the river, Tristana decided to walk into the dragon's cove. She became trapped, as Karthus threw his skittles on her and autoattacked, and she clearly panicked.

Then, a genius idea popped into her head. Because she took her rocket jump at level 1, she was going to rocket jump over the wall in the dragon's cove and into our jungle. She attempted this, but instead just jumped in place and remained trapped.

At this point, Nidalee came and started attacking her too. She was nearly dead, so she flashed, once again failing to make it to the other side of the wall to safety. She promptly died and gave first blood before any minions spawned.

Seeing this, I decided the game was likely going to be over and asked Nasus if he would kindly not attack me. He agreed, and so we farmed the entire game. He was kind enough to run into a bush and type "run" before I was ganked by Skarner and Nidalee, and I did the same for him when Ahri came to gank him.

In the end, however, Ahri ragequit the game and Tristana continued to rocket jump into every fight, occasionally being able to take someone out before she died. I asked Nasus how well his Q was farmed up and he said it was +493, but he barely got to use it.
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#3ISF_Lmaokai_TMHPosted 4/20/2012 12:23:49 AM(edited)
Block out all of the names Vehemus
also what's anti-meta about irelia top?
---
IGN: Heleophrynidae
http://www.youtube.com/user/Lmaokai
#4omisflyPosted 4/20/2012 12:25:22 AM
tracked

Would love to read more
---
Toph Bei Fong - Baddest Earthbender
http://oi43.tinypic.com/2q1dxed.jpg
#5mgtonvac55Posted 4/20/2012 12:27:43 AM
If you don't want your summoner name known you should block out all the champs, Vehemus.

You should also record the games with LoL replay and include them, they're more useful than an end-game screen cap and musings from your point of view.

And if you want people to believe you're trying to win every game, you might not want to assist the enemy team by warning them of ganks and such.
---
NYK 33-29
NYY 7-6
#6NaxochilsPosted 4/20/2012 12:30:04 AM
So this is where you went. Come back to MH :O
---
"But if i bootypooty when i don't have to bootypooty it might result in a bootydoody. And you don't want that on your mouth." - Meatwad
#7XcaIIionPosted 4/20/2012 12:30:05 AM
so i'm gonna be completely honest. i have never actually wanted to block someone before and i dont know how to do it.
could someone quickly tell me how to block another user so i dont see their posts and topics?
---
Ahri is mai waifu
http://i.imgur.com/njRor.jpg
#8mgtonvac55Posted 4/20/2012 12:34:40 AM
so i'm gonna be completely honest. i have never actually wanted to block someone before and i dont know how to do it.
could someone quickly tell me how to block another user so i dont see their posts and topics?

Click on message detail on the person's post like if you wanted to mark their message and scroll down to the bottom of the page. There should be an option to ignore the user there.
---
NYK 33-29
NYY 7-6
#9Sir Spiffy CapePosted 4/20/2012 12:36:12 AM
How did you guys find out his name?
---
A game that promotes slavery and gambling under the illusion of 'friendship' and 'sportsmanship' is automatically an awesome game. - dydt
#10ISF_Lmaokai_TMHPosted 4/20/2012 12:39:42 AM
Looking shows who was in your games. Simply look the trist up and look for similar players or the irelia
---
IGN: Heleophrynidae
http://www.youtube.com/user/Lmaokai