Lifesteal Quints on AD Carry?

#1Toe_JamulonisPosted 5/1/2012 6:48:54 AM
The 6.75 AD you get from flat AD quints are basically a 10-15% starting boost to your base level 1 AD

6% Life steal will give you a base 9% steal with masteries.

The 7 AD will stop being relevant after you hit level 3 or 4 and get 2 doran's blades

the lifesteal will remain relevant all game.

Would you really be giving up so much for the added lane sustain and trading power that an extra 6% life steal will give you?

You'd have 15% lifesteal at Double Dorans blades

Seems tempting to me, but worth the cost of the IP?
#2Arken101Posted 5/1/2012 6:50:13 AM
most carries I've dealt with usually go Arpen quints. But maybe thats just me.
---
CheeseItBaggins- "I found a great build for Twitch as AD Carry. I just lock in Tristana and do better."
#3Mogu_MoguPosted 5/1/2012 6:57:18 AM
I'd rather movement speed quints than lifesteal quints. >_>
#4ManousoPosted 5/1/2012 7:29:58 AM
I definately want to get them at some point for the exact reasons you do.
Currently i use 2 armpen and 1 ms quint (with full armpen reds) but for 2k ip each i'd rather a new 6300 champ

Same with spellvamp
---
GT: Manouso
#5dark_lord_havocPosted 5/1/2012 7:33:49 AM
Not worth it on AD carries. You're going to push the lane excessively by autoattacking minions. You can get some small return from exchanges with enemy champions, but it will be hardly noticeable.

If you jungle however, the lifesteal quints are worth it. 3 of those + masteries + dorans blade gives you 12% lifesteal to start with.
#6GujinKamiPosted 5/1/2012 7:34:29 AM
It's viable on carries that are just in bot lane to farm (i.e. Ashe, Tristana, Vayne etc.)

Grab the Lifesteal Quints, buy a Doran's Blade, and farm at tower all game. With that much lifesteal early on, there isn't much they can do.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i40.tinypic.com/vsfm6p.png
#7g-cube_mastaPosted 5/1/2012 7:41:40 AM
You *can* do it but AD is better. Not being able to trade early in bot lane will seriously gimp you, especially with how long it takes junglers to finally gank bottom on average.

For that reason I'd say they're not worth the IP. Not if you're going to use them for AD carry specifically. They're pretty expensive. Jungle is another story.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board Heart Platinum Champion~
#8Dark VaporeonPosted 5/1/2012 7:59:54 AM
Worth it in my opinion.

You can still trade and win out (with clever positioning on most champs anyway)

Also even last hitting will get you back your hp. I use them all time every time, on both jungle and AD champs.

Perhaps its luck, perhaps its skill, but 9 / 11 times I win my lane easy mode.
---
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Eternity ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When yesterday is gone, and tomorrow never comes.
#9hpdeskjet920cPosted 5/1/2012 8:05:39 AM
Just theorycrafting I think they are worth it. It lets you get IE instead of BT without losing too much lifesteal. Once I have enough IP, I'm going to try running IE Vayne
---
LoL IGN: thresholden
#10Camel-RiderPosted 5/1/2012 8:13:22 AM

Just theorycrafting I think they are worth it. It lets you get IE instead of BT without losing too much lifesteal. Once I have enough IP, I'm going to try running IE Vayne

Who the **** gets BT before IE? Why would you get the whole BT, and not settle for a vamp scepter in the beginning?

So much fail
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider