You think adding a "Wards bought" stat would encourage people to buy more wards?

#1Xa3r0xPosted 5/2/2012 11:25:48 AM
80/80 (I've been having these a lot lately)

I personally think so. I just played a game as Kennen where I felt I was the only one buying wards, but post game there was no way for me to tell.
---
youtube.com/insayne1 LoL Gameplay ; PSN - Xaer0x914 ;
LoL IGN- LOL ITS X ; Steam - Xaero
#2andyalbersPosted 5/2/2012 11:27:22 AM
Not a bad idea...people always like an ego boost :)

Everyone should just buy wards... I don't know how hard that is
---
GT: Maximus Artimus
#3Is_CorruptedPosted 5/2/2012 11:27:59 AM
Sometimes my team starts buying one or two when they see the message about me buying a ward, so it kinda sorta works a bit. Best way is to ask them nicely to buy one. More than that and they'll think they'll never get their big items.
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#4Ryu2047Posted 5/2/2012 11:28:08 AM
I've always wondered how many wards I purchased throughout a game. I think a stat at the end would be quite nice to have.
---
-~=~-Call me Bezwin or Bez, this account is old...-~=~-
Currently playing more games than I should be.
#5SC6Posted 5/2/2012 11:28:40 AM
this isn't an encouragement for you to buy more
it's an indicator that someone/people need to be raged at for not contributing
---
"This mission will be over the second I land" - Zechs Merquise
#6andyalbersPosted 5/2/2012 11:34:27 AM
but by association when we get after those people for not buying any then they will in the future
---
GT: Maximus Artimus
#7rapturexxvPosted 5/2/2012 11:34:53 AM
Yeah they should have this. I had a support on my team not warding, so I was buying wards and I tell them to buy more wards and they say, "ok." Guy ends up buying a single ward. I tell him to buy more and he says, "wards are a lot of gold. Can't afford more." Guy then proceeds to single buy a banshees veil when they have 1 ap who's doing terrible...
---
Renault is a somewhat decent poster on the Current Events message board
#8HazyGreysPosted 5/2/2012 11:49:59 AM
I thought the text saying "X bought a Y ward" was a great start. It's a great way to catch people in their lies about buying wards. Top Olaf says he bought wards every time he went back. No brolaf, chat says you didn't.

Don't know how much an "in screen stat" is needed, though it's not like it'd take up a bunch of room or be hard to code.
#9Alanmatt93Posted 5/2/2012 12:05:37 PM
Would be cool to have. I've actually thought about this before
---
Best 3v3 team? Shaco, Yorick, and Mordekaiser. Nothing like making a match go from 3v3 to 5v3 and then 6v2 xD
#10BrainhunterPosted 5/2/2012 12:20:48 PM
Posted TC's suggestion (with credit) on the In-Game HUD Discussion board in the official forums:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=23871619#post23871619