One of the main reasons why this game is so successful is because...

#11xRustySpoonPosted 5/4/2012 7:30:59 AM

what i don't like about DoTA 2 is that playing it entails supporting Valve (aka Satan)

Indie game developers are laughing at you right now.
---
Get destroyed.
GT/Steam: xRustySpoon Follow these tips and you'll be fraggin' like a pro.
#12Black_AssassinPosted 5/4/2012 7:36:04 AM
xRustySpoon posted...
what i don't like about DoTA 2 is that playing it entails supporting Valve (aka Satan)
Indie game developers are laughing at you right now.

I bet he worships EA.
---
http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Blick+Winkle
#13ManoktheChicken(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 7:44:58 AM
By 'relationships' I mean lorewise.

And yeah, I love how Dota 2 heroes taunt each other when doing things. We should have that here, with Kayle and Morg making fun of each other's breasts, or something similarly immature.
---
Shamelessly posting my twitter profile as my signature.
Oh wait. No. I deactivated it.
#14killamaeglwnPosted 5/4/2012 7:46:22 AM
Shuriko posted...

Even though it's Shuriko, I'm going to ask anyways.

What's wrong with Valve?
---
You get nothing, YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!
GT/IGN: Maeglwn Steam name: It's Fruit Salad!
#15r0ge00Posted 5/4/2012 7:49:01 AM
killamaeglwn posted...
What's wrong with Valve?

Nothing. At worst, it's DRM, but it's the least invasive of the most popular ones.

Haters gonna hate.
#16YordlePosted 5/4/2012 9:07:02 AM
Pretty sure its cause of Teemo and friends.
#17Dark_Oni12398Posted 5/4/2012 9:56:15 AM
Shuriko posted...

Valve is possibly the best digital retailer in the world if not the flagship for how the future of video game distribution is evolving.

Troll more.
---
Welcome to GameFAQ. Please keep you opinions too yourself, type with perfect spelling and grammar and god help you if you state something as fact.
#18DAntiproduktPosted 5/4/2012 9:59:32 AM
Riot is actually more evil then Valve.

lolpandomediabooster
#19TheshamenPosted 5/4/2012 10:06:10 AM
League is succesful because of the ip system and champion buying, the more games you play the more champions you can have. The more champions you have the more games you want to play. Once you get to level 30 you need to invest ip in runes or your left behind therefore requiring youto play more games so you can........win more games. Throw in the skins and rp as well as the free to play and ease at which other people such as your friends can get into this game and its a no brainer. Me and my two friends enjoy TOR way more than league But because our other friends can't "Afford" TOR we all end up playing league

So no tc it has nothing to do with its story.
---
I will not change this sig until Alterac Valley is reverted pre-BC http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937114
12/21/08
#20zeppelin312Posted 5/4/2012 11:20:07 AM

IDK about everybody else but the lore is one of my favorite facets of this game, though being free with the option to support riot without being gimped if I don't, still do though, is a major factor as well.