One of the main reasons why this game is so successful is because...

#21princemarth23Posted 5/4/2012 12:24:07 PM
MistressRarity posted...
Dota 2 has a much richer cast and they're not even done bringing heroes over from Dota >_>

Their cast might be "richer" but I don't really find the characters nearly as compelling actually. The world of LoL is also a lot more interesting I think. The only characters from Dota I really feel a connection to are the ones like Windrunner who are brimming with personality.
---
XBL Gamertag: Kenshin90
#22anilEhilatedPosted 5/4/2012 12:30:52 PM
I'm finding the DotA2 character conversion from W3 pretty hit-or-miss. The hero voices tend to be hilarious, but it's feels like the game doesn't have a unified style visually. Not sure what you're going on about windrunner's personality either.
I mean, some of the stuff is brilliant (probably my favorite so far is Nolan North's terrible Russian accent for Lycan, although he's disappointingly not pink), but then you get stuff like Tide, Admiral and Pudge which gets just baffling. I'll still probably switch to DotA2 if it ever goes free/I get a computer, but there's a lot of polishing to be done there.
---
For who could ever...?
#23MSN 04 SazabiPosted 5/4/2012 12:41:35 PM
Dota's lore was so bad. I'm not sure if they're keeping the original stories, but ugh so many of them made me groan when I'd read them.

LoL's is bad too, but at least it's unified with different countries having different philosophies.
---
I'll defend my family with my orange umbrella
#24FoxyArekuPosted 5/4/2012 12:47:48 PM(edited)
Ultima_Weapon33 posted...
What are the other mobas? Dota and HoN (copy of dota)?

This game's cast isn't as diverse as those at all.

That's opinion, it's all preference.

I honestly find the cast in league to be more interesting and more aesthetically pleasing than Dota's. The only exceptions to this are Riki, Windrunner, Crystal Maiden, and Invoker.

Not even gonna talk about HoN cos that game's cast is rather stupid.
---
Not changing sig until Twisted Fate gets his ult back.
League of Legends: 8/24/2011
#25anilEhilatedPosted 5/4/2012 12:52:08 PM
HoN is just... urgh.
As for DotA1's hero descriptions, I believe they were made by people on its forums... Which is basically all that needs to be said.
---
For who could ever...?
#26princemarth23Posted 5/4/2012 12:54:15 PM
anilEhilated posted...
I'm finding the DotA2 character conversion from W3 pretty hit-or-miss. The hero voices tend to be hilarious, but it's feels like the game doesn't have a unified style visually. Not sure what you're going on about windrunner's personality either.
I mean, some of the stuff is brilliant (probably my favorite so far is Nolan North's terrible Russian accent for Lycan, although he's disappointingly not pink), but then you get stuff like Tide, Admiral and Pudge which gets just baffling. I'll still probably switch to DotA2 if it ever goes free/I get a computer, but there's a lot of polishing to be done there.

"Why do you hate gingers so..?" sums it up for me. That one line made me laugh so hard that I had to try her. She's pretty much my favorite hero in that game now.
---
XBL Gamertag: Kenshin90
#27CaoXingPosted 5/4/2012 1:02:10 PM
The amount of interactions in Dota 2 is amazing, heck how many lines are recorded for each character is pretty huge compared to LoL.
#28Ultima_Weapon33Posted 5/4/2012 6:59:38 PM(edited)
That's opinion

No, it isn't. Please, stop making your silly posts because they are just so silly.

Does League have a spider, panda, literal gods, succubus, mammoth, wisp, faceless but not macelesses, skeletons, devil, various demons, etc? And let's not even start talking about abilities. And this is considering how it takes from Dota, how Malphite is taken from Tiny, Shyvana from Dragon Knight and more.

The fact is that 90% of League's characters are humanoid, whereas maybe 50% of Dota's are.

Of course you find them more aesthetically pleasing, because they are more like you and cartoonish as well as stupidly sexualized. As well as more interesting?

Well, I think we know which one you played first.
---
You'll see - Eternal love, that's what this is
This feeling that I just cannot resist... OD
#29EnclosurePosted 5/4/2012 7:00:13 PM

Back this up with the constantly-retconned lore,

ftfy
---
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1678/87591610.jpg
#30RenegadePhantomPosted 5/4/2012 7:11:20 PM(edited)
Question about DotA heroes.
Why do a lot of them not have names? They sound more like occupations. Unless they actually have names in places I'm not looking in.
Even though personalities come off as much stronger than LoL champs, I sorta feel detached from them.
---
Setting the table with finery. Let us stop picking at our food! Burning like the finest Spice-A-Roni! From out of the darkness comes the mystery Medafighter!