does pantheon suffer the same curse as renekton?

#61MKID232Posted 5/10/2012 2:31:46 PM
zeppelin312 posted...
<3 this topic, wanted to say a couple things

1. Religious people tell me sin is natural, and being gay is a sin. So why do they say gay people are unnatural?

Because it IS unnatural to human nature. In terms of breeding purposes, anyway. M/F is the only gender combination that can produce an offspring. M/M and F/F cannot. Hence why GAY is considered against nature.

2. I have been told by religion that "god" created the sun on the 4th day, so how had 4 days passed?
This is implying that God, the person who created the days, didn't have a measurement of time already established before making the sun. It's pretty clear in the early verses that he had already MADE night and day BEFORE making the sun, moon and stars. It's in verses 3-5 of the first chapter of Genesis. I feel like you didn't actually read that part before you commented.
#62zeppelin312Posted 5/10/2012 2:41:07 PM
I wouldn't ever read a bible, I'm going off what I've been told. Of course we all know that mythos are easily changed to suit purposes, so assuming that it is a static story is silly. Trying to point out a flaw leads to change, even if in this particular case there wasn't an inconsistency.

As for creating a night and a day before the sun was created. How then was night and day differentiated? Is light magically present at certain times only? Does the sun ,in fact, not pruduce that light and heat? OUR WE THE CENTER OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM, NAY, THE UNIVERSE?

Also, you didn't quote my 21 jumpstreet mention. I am now sad.
#63MKID232Posted 5/10/2012 2:49:49 PM
zeppelin312 posted...
I wouldn't ever read a bible, I'm going off what I've been told. Of course we all know that mythos are easily changed to suit purposes, so assuming that it is a static story is silly. Trying to point out a flaw leads to change, even if in this particular case there wasn't an inconsistency.

As for creating a night and a day before the sun was created. How then was night and day differentiated? Is light magically present at certain times only? Does the sun ,in fact, not pruduce that light and heat? OUR WE THE CENTER OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM, NAY, THE UNIVERSE?

Also, you didn't quote my 21 jumpstreet mention. I am now sad.

The issue is not so much that the Bible gets changed (because every version of the Bible is different), it's that everyone changes certain events for the wrong reasons. Either to 'modernize it' so it's easier to understand, or to change an error that wasn't an error in the first place. The most accurate one (short of the actual scrolls themselves) would be the King James version, it's the least tampered with and the most accurate.

As for your rant on the sun, it's obviously the case. The Sun provides the light NOW, but while God was creating the world, it was pretty clear that he made the light on one side, the dark on the other, and the earth 'magically' rotated around so that the day/night cycle was established. You've constructed things (presumably), so it's obvious that you would test to make sure something worked as intended before messing with it any further or adding onto it, aka the SUN.
#64Blizzard09Posted 5/10/2012 2:50:45 PM
MKID232 posted...
zeppelin312 posted...

1. Religious people tell me sin is natural, and being gay is a sin. So why do they say gay people are unnatural?
Because it IS unnatural to human nature. In terms of breeding purposes, anyway. M/F is the only gender combination that can produce an offspring. M/M and F/F cannot. Hence why GAY is considered against nature..

Using the unnatural thing goes both ways... When you look for a women you look for the prettiest women right? well that is unnatural of to make human offspring, the natural thing would be looking for a healthy women with wider hips for child birth, and bigger breast for making milk to feed the child, and smells like BO as sweat is a way hormones are released ,but we don't which by human nature is unnatural to not want the better women for your child, but we go for looks which is unnatural.

Its unnatural for use to pee in a tiolet when like dogs we should peeing on stuff to mark our area (which is why pee has a smell) so again something unnatural, its unnatural for a women to shave her legs and stuff but its done anyways.

So the whole unnatural thing don't as everyone does stuff that is unnatural to human natural.
#65YourLuckPosted 5/10/2012 3:09:39 PM
So umm... Yeah. It's not really a curse since a lot of characters work like that. Heh heh heh, yeaaah.
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune
#66XcaIIionPosted 5/10/2012 3:13:25 PM
Allah's path is the only true one
---
Ahri is mai waifu
http://i.imgur.com/njRor.jpg
#67eternalrage11Posted 5/10/2012 3:23:39 PM
What I was expecting: People hating and being losers over a champion in LoL.

What I got: People hating and being losers over something that has nothing to do with LoL.
---
FLOUR ON THE TABLE CUZ' WE BOUT TO MAKE DONUTS
#68cjmithrandirPosted 5/10/2012 3:52:58 PM
zeppelin312 posted...

1. Religous people tell me sin is natural, and being gay is a sin. So why do they say gay people are unatural?

Whoever told you that sin is natural isnt getting their info from the Bible. 'Sin' isnt natural, we werent created to sin.
---
"You'll prob'ly win or lose, it doesn't matter what you do" - Dyrus
LOL IGN: Octavyan
#69cjmithrandirPosted 5/10/2012 4:06:47 PM
Blizzard09 posted...
cjmithrandir posted...
Blizzard09 posted...
MKID232 posted...
Allow me add something and not trying to say your wrong cause your point of view is right because its yours..

I did say that whole coming from nothing was flawed itself too. As for the handwriting we dont know what his handwriting is like, and if God himself wrote the biible all them years ago why does it change so much.. Like life changed from the time god made us by almost 2000 years because of human remains found.

It states in the bible there is to be no other god but himself... If he did indeed write the bible he himself wrote it in there.. Thats what I mean by flaws in both sides... But I see that you put "my god" and that to me shows that you know faith is yours and what you make of it and I am was rather glad to read that you put "my god" in there.

im glad we can have a respectful conversation about this =P allow me to respond!

Lol, the Bible does not ever change, idk where you're getting that info from. different translations are made to keep up with the changing of languages. but every once in a while, you have people who try to change the bible to suite their desires. For instance, mormons wrote in extra things into their "book of mormon" but its not the bible.

as far as the argument of how old the earth really is, there is nothing in the bible that tells us how old the earth is. The people who claim to "know" that the earth is 6,000 years old are guesstimating at best, and thats only based on how old some of the people in the bible lived to be.

yes, you are correct, the first commandment is "Have no other gods before Me"
however, im not sure what your point was in that 2nd paragraph. im not sure what you mean by flaws on both sides. can you clarify?

and yes, i say he is "my God" because he created me. this next statement will come off as elitist, but thats ok =P he is the only God, so he is your God too, because he created you. the choice to accept that is what differs between us =) (and of course, this is my opinion)
---
"You'll prob'ly win or lose, it doesn't matter what you do" - Dyrus
LOL IGN: Octavyan
#70Blizzard09Posted 5/10/2012 4:21:13 PM
cjmithrandir posted...
Blizzard09 posted...
cjmithrandir posted...
Blizzard09 posted...
MKID232 posted...
Allow me add something and not trying to say your wrong cause your point of view is right because its yours..

I did say that whole coming from nothing was flawed itself too. As for the handwriting we dont know what his handwriting is like, and if God himself wrote the biible all them years ago why does it change so much.. Like life changed from the time god made us by almost 2000 years because of human remains found.

It states in the bible there is to be no other god but himself... If he did indeed write the bible he himself wrote it in there.. Thats what I mean by flaws in both sides... But I see that you put "my god" and that to me shows that you know faith is yours and what you make of it and I am was rather glad to read that you put "my god" in there.

im glad we can have a respectful conversation about this =P allow me to respond!

Lol, the Bible does not ever change, idk where you're getting that info from. different translations are made to keep up with the changing of languages. but every once in a while, you have people who try to change the bible to suite their desires. For instance, mormons wrote in extra things into their "book of mormon" but its not the bible.

as far as the argument of how old the earth really is, there is nothing in the bible that tells us how old the earth is. The people who claim to "know" that the earth is 6,000 years old are guesstimating at best, and thats only based on how old some of the people in the bible lived to be.

yes, you are correct, the first commandment is "Have no other gods before Me"
however, im not sure what your point was in that 2nd paragraph. im not sure what you mean by flaws on both sides. can you clarify?

and yes, i say he is "my God" because he created me. this next statement will come off as elitist, but thats ok =P he is the only God, so he is your God too, because he created you. the choice to accept that is what differs between us =) (and of course, this is my opinion)

Agree'd, as for the second part by what I meant was Evolution has flaws with stuff and I believe the line "Have no other gods before Me" to be a flaw as he tells us not to have no other god, but gives the choice to choose to have a other god before him, maybe not in the terms but you know what I mean?

Sure he is my god and I don't deny him that right to be my god I choose how and what I believe (as do most people) From my view I don't see god as a real person but more as a sign of hope that we need in that time in of need, kinda like a crutch that something better happens after life.

Also glad to have a respectful conversation about, since well some people tend to ram there beliefs down that other persons throat in this types of conversation, glad is respectful and not that :)