Rate my Fiora Item Build

#1silentzedPosted 5/10/2012 11:37:24 AM
Just bought Fiora and after doing some experimenting, this is what I decided on.

Masteries are 21/9/0. I use ArPen marks, straight armor seals and magic resist/level glyphs. I use ArPen quints.

Core -

Wriggle's, Merc Treads/Tabi depending on opposing team, Frozen Mallet, Madred's Bloodrazor

Last Options -

If you are being focused
Warmog's, Force of Nature, Bloodthirster (replace Wriggle's)

If you are not being focused as much
Wit's End, Black Cleaver, Bloodthirster (replace Wriggles)

Core build order -

Cloth Armor -> 5 Health Pots ->
Boots ->
Vampiric Scepter -> Ninja Tabi/Merc Treads (depending on opposing team comp) -> Wriggle's ->
Phage ->
Frozen Mallet

After that, build accordingly to how the team is building/fighting. If you are having a hard time dealing with solo-top/getting a lot of harass, rush Frozen Mallet after Wriggle's.

(Wrote this mainly for myself, but hoping I could get some of the other board's Fiora players to weigh in and see what they thought)
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#2gene0129Posted 5/10/2012 11:39:14 AM
Ditch Bloodrazor for Infinity Edge. Looks solid otherwise.
---
"I am the Ultimate Lifeform!" - Shadow
#3silentzed(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2012 11:45:30 AM
I get Madred's because of how well it synergizes with her ultimate, but will IE give me better damage output?

I mostly chose it to help with taking down tanks, not to mention for some reason I stay away from crit on Fiora (is this a mistake?).
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#4SC6Posted 5/10/2012 11:47:58 AM
silentzed posted...
I get Madred's because of how well it synergizes with her ultimate, but will IE give me better damage output?

I mostly chose it to help with taking down tanks, not to mention for some reason I stay away from crit on Fiora (is this a mistake?).

if tanks for some reason don't have magic resist sure >.>
considering her ult crits IIRC you shouldn't stay away from it...
---
PSN - NovaSol6 (I think...)
#5Dark_Oni12398Posted 5/10/2012 11:51:52 AM
IE isn't the best choice IMO becuase The item really isn't that great without it's wife PD and Fiora's speed buff kinda removes teh need for all that attack speed.

Wriggles and Mercs followed by Bloodthirster, the lifesteal will fully heal you from an ult.

After that build Tiamat and Last whisper and use a A frozen Mallet if people are escaping you.
---
Welcome to GameFAQ. Please keep you opinions too yourself, type with perfect spelling and grammar and god help you if you state something as fact.
#6silentzed(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2012 11:57:25 AM(edited)
I dinked around last night in a custom game with a friend and tried different loadouts, but will try out the IE and see if it works out. I do lose a chunk of attack speed (which synergizes during chases when BoS is up, as well as stacking my passive more quickly for the heal).

That was the main reason why I didn't want to lose the Bloodrazor, because it seemed like it was the perfect item for her, but I have seen a lot of topics talk about how underwhelming it is.

EDIT: @poster above - I hadn't thought about Tiamat, but I think it would make a huge difference during teamfights (although the splash is extremely small).
---
/target Face
/cast Palm
#7gene0129Posted 5/10/2012 11:53:39 AM
MBR is so meh though. Unless they stack health,but build no MR for some odd reason, the crits from IE will hurt more.

And if you really need to deal with tanks, buy LW.
---
"I am the Ultimate Lifeform!" - Shadow
#8CovenantPosted 5/10/2012 11:59:11 AM
Lacks Tiamats. Need at least two to make ultimate wreck melee champs.
#9SC6Posted 5/10/2012 12:00:31 PM
silentzed posted...
I dinked around last night in a custom game with a friend and tried different loadouts, but will try out the IE and see if it works out. I do lose a chunk of attack speed (which synergizes during chases when BoS is up, as well as stacking my passive more quickly for the heal).

That was the main reason why I didn't want to lose the Bloodrazor, because it seemed like it was the perfect item for her, but I have seen a lot of topics talk about how underwhelming it is.

MBR's biggest problem is you lose a bit of base damage on the weapon in exchange for the on hit % magic damage
---
PSN - NovaSol6 (I think...)
#10silentzed(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2012 12:04:55 PM(edited)
So, if I am dealing with tanks specifically, my build should look something like this?

Mercs/Tabi -> Frozen Mallet -> IE -> Black Cleaver -> LW -> Bloodthirster

The main thing I always worried about is whether or not I could take them 1v1 should it happen away from the base/away from a teamfight, so I think I fell into the trap of thinking like I needed to stick to an all-around go-to build.

EDIT: Or if I am building specifically to wreck a stacking enemy team

Mercs/Tabi, Tiamat, Tiamat, IE, Black Cleaver, LW
---
/target Face
/cast Palm