Normal's matchmaking is odd...

#1PointmanPosted 5/21/2012 5:36:30 PM
I started checking and I'm often the only person on either team with a positive w/l.

Why would they do that?
#2Sid_IcarusPosted 5/21/2012 5:44:11 PM
W/L doesnt dictate normal elo at all or any elo. A person could start off losing a lot and then make a turn-around and start winning more consistently (Just not enough to break even
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#3eco masterPosted 5/21/2012 5:50:42 PM
There's a hidden Elo stat used in matchmaking. As the above poster said, W/L isn't counted in matchmaking. At least, if it is, it can't be too significant.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#4Blizzard09Posted 5/21/2012 6:26:19 PM
People talk about normal elo but yet I get in games with hotshotgg and other clg people then there will be people that have over 60 more loses then wins...

Can someone tell how normal elo is too work?
#5RikeruPosted 5/21/2012 6:28:13 PM
Blizzard09 posted...
People talk about normal elo but yet I get in games with hotshotgg and other clg people then there will be people that have over 60 more loses then wins...

Can someone tell how normal elo is too work?

Normal elo works the same way as ranked does.
#6SephirothPrimePosted 5/21/2012 7:06:14 PM
matchmaking is a joke.
#7Ultima_Weapon33Posted 5/21/2012 7:10:02 PM
It can be a little wonky.

Sometimes I get on a ramp where everyone on both teams will be around a wimpy 1.10 W/L, sometimes the distribution on both teams will be really crazy (yes, there's always a preferred team, but I'm talking combined 1.10 average on one team and 1.25 average on the other).
---
You'll see - Eternal love, that's what this is
This feeling that I just cannot resist... OD
#8harrykoynpurse5Posted 5/21/2012 7:10:29 PM
It hasn't been working right for me the past few months, I only end up with idiots in my group instead of team mates. Anyone have a fix for this?
#9SephirothPrimePosted 5/21/2012 7:18:54 PM
No trick, it also supports games not lasting over 50 minutes which is preferred in the majority of the players. Basically the game does support one team already being decided as the winner before the game even starts.

Deal with it. There is no medium in this game you are either average joe or you go pro. There is a thin line that separates them but nothing in-between.
#10Sid_IcarusPosted 5/21/2012 7:21:23 PM
<p>From: harrykoynpurse5 | #007
It hasn't been working right for me the past few months, I only end up with idiots in my group instead of team mates. Anyone have a fix for this?</p>

Thats not exactly an issue with elo or matchmaking really
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit