Renekton counter-picks?

#1JustAScrubPosted 5/30/2012 4:25:07 AM(edited)
I'm finding it pretty difficult to find a single champion who straight up counters him. Only champs that give my Ren any trouble are Olaf (if played well) and Kennen. The rest are food.

IYO, who counters him?
---
Think For Yourself; Question Authority.
Apparently grapeade is satan's ball sweat, 'cause I seriously thought I was gonna die and go to hell.... --Zipdiggler
#2k0rupted1Posted 5/30/2012 4:28:30 AM
Garen.

How does Kennen counter you? Just curious. I'm not a Kennen player or anything. But how?
---
PSN; k0rupted1
WoW: Realm - Illdian - Toon: Omnilock
#3NormalCatPosted 5/30/2012 4:31:56 AM
You don't pick a champion that can BEAT Renekton, because nobody can actually do that. Instead you pick a champion that can SURVIVE against Renekton for about 20 minutes, because if Renekton doesn't get a LOT of early kills then he falls off hard.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/randomdog
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0n0u5Wqx21qg7eypo1_250.gif
#4JustAScrub(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2012 4:33:07 AM
Well AD Kennen just gives me some trouble. I don't consider it a counter-pick necessarily, but a decent AD Kennen can be a difficult lane for Renekton I am finding.

I look at it this way. Kennen basically has everything Renekton does, except he is ranged. He has the gap closer, he has the stun, and his ult is arguably much more powerful. The main issue is it's just really hard to catch a Kennen who knows how to position himself well, and knows how to use his passive.
---
Apparently grapeade is satan's ball sweat, 'cause I seriously thought I was gonna die and go to hell.... --Zipdiggler
#5Try_Harder_NubzPosted 5/30/2012 4:33:29 AM
k0rupted1 posted...
Garen.

How does Kennen counter you? Just curious. I'm not a Kennen player or anything. But how?

Kennen is a master of engaging/disengaging battles at will. Keep 2 marks on renek through constant Q and W harass and when he engages E away for the stun
---
i play kennen sometimes
LoL: TryHarderNubz
#6JustAScrub(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2012 4:35:41 AM
NormalCat posted...
You don't pick a champion that can BEAT Renekton, because nobody can actually do that. Instead you pick a champion that can SURVIVE against Renekton for about 20 minutes, because if Renekton doesn't get a LOT of early kills then he falls off hard.

People really over-exaggerate how hard he falls off. The main issue is that most people don't build him correctly. I'm perfectly fine with people thinking this way, though, as it means my favorite champ flies under the radar.
---
#7g-cube_mastaPosted 5/30/2012 4:38:06 AM
Swain, Warwick, GP
#8TheSanjooPosted 5/30/2012 4:41:05 AM
JustAScrub posted...
NormalCat posted...

People really over-exaggerate how hard he falls off. The main issue is that most people don't build him correctly. I'm perfectly fine with people thinking this way, though, as it means my favorite champ flies under the radar.

Even if you build some AD on him he falls off past about 35 minutes compared to other tops that stay strong for a longer period of time (Jax, Riven, Kayle, etc.). Sure, if you stomp lane like Renekton normally does you won't feel it, but if you go even in lane you're going to feel weaker than their top.
---
Awfdkioepqlbmncxvutyshgzrj
#9Try_Harder_NubzPosted 5/30/2012 4:42:11 AM
Let me help you with the Kennen matchup a bit,

While he IS kennen and he is a pain in the ass, trade with him earlier on in lane when he doesn't have all his skills and his cooldowns are much higher, he can't stun you as easily and if he wants to keep up W harass on you while you're out of range he has to push the lane.

If you can, wait until he uses E to farm if he's a horrible Kennen, then engage as he has no other escapes. A good Kennen will only farm with E into W if he knows there's no jungle pressure and the enemy laner has left/is oom
---
i play kennen sometimes
LoL: TryHarderNubz
#10JustAScrub(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2012 4:46:04 AM
g-cube_masta posted...
Swain, Warwick, GP

Swain is so rare that I can't comment on that one. I could definitely see that being a hard lane, though.

WW is not a counter-pick, he's just hard to kill. He's hard to kill for any lane, though.

GP is rare as well, but it makes sense with his oranges. I could see that one being true .
---