So what makes LoL better than Dota 2, and vice versa?

#11dennis941012Posted 6/18/2012 3:23:40 PM
Gevauden posted...
LOL has a faster response to your controls then DOTA 2 you can see the delay

Some of the Dota 2 champs look like SPORE creations which makes them blend with the creeps.

LOL has faster Que times since there are more players.

LOL has masteries and runes while DOTA 2 doesn't I believe not 100% sure about this still a noob in DOTA 2 anyone can confirm?

pros
Dota 2 has better lores
Dota 2 has harder skill cap to seprate noobs from pros
Dota 2 has all the champions unlocked
Dota 2 has better items and diversity
Dota 2 has much more unqiue champions
cons
Dota 2 is beta and most likely be full priced game $60'
Dota 2 graphic is although better worse then LoL at the same time (dark and drab but better design)
Dota 2 feels laggy/slow or unresponsive
Dota 2 has useless features like denying it feels like a chore >_>
---
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster] ( =O'.')===O<(x_X <)
#12PointmanPosted 6/18/2012 3:28:54 PM
I'll never even give Dota a chance because it's so damned ugly.
#13MuevizPosted 6/18/2012 3:38:17 PM
Today I played dota2 for the first time ever after getting the key and studyng the items a bit (never played DOTA). Played 3 games, got 2 pentakills already : / where the second one was me with pudge (love this fatty) going alone vs the whole enemy team killing them all. Bkb and heart of terrasque op u.u
Anyway where the hell is my smartcast???????
---
Quid faciat volt scire Lyris. Quid? Sobria fellat.
#14SirDerpAlotPosted 6/18/2012 4:00:08 PM
dennis941012 posted...
Gevauden posted...
LOL has a faster response to your controls then DOTA 2 you can see the delay

Some of the Dota 2 champs look like SPORE creations which makes them blend with the creeps.

LOL has faster Que times since there are more players.

LOL has masteries and runes while DOTA 2 doesn't I believe not 100% sure about this still a noob in DOTA 2 anyone can confirm?

pros
Dota 2 has better lores
Dota 2 has harder skill cap to seprate noobs from pros
Dota 2 has all the champions unlocked
Dota 2 has better items and diversity
Dota 2 has much more unqiue champions
cons
Dota 2 graphic is although better worse then LoL at the same time (dark and drab but better design)

Many things wrong here. For one, Dota 2 has said that it will be free to play, with the choice of purchasing fully cosmetic items that have no effect on the game.
Deny isn't a chore, you can do it or not, its like killing creeps, you deny them their precious gold. This also makes babysitting better, as one strength hero will deny to keep the lane not pushed , and the other will farm to perfection
---
"Know this, son of Coul."
#15Luster_SlyPosted 6/18/2012 4:10:00 PM(edited)
dennis941012 posted...

-The game is confirmed to be F2P
-I'm not sure what you mean, but I find that Dota 2 has a lot better atmosphere than LoL. In Dota 2, the theme is set in stone whereas in LoL you have archers seeking vengeance on nations that have scorched their land or whatever varus' lore is, alongside a mad scientist gopher who throws bombs.
-Well that might be your connection, you may have the graphics too high or, like you said, it's still in beta.
-Those are game mechanics meant to make the player do more and actually have to put some effort into their job unlike in LoL where you just sit and right click every 5 seconds to last hit for example

Normally I'd say both games are good but those arguments you made weren't too great.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZZrbY.gif
#16hellraiser121Posted 6/18/2012 4:12:40 PM
Here we go again
---
Yeah I Am Just That Awesome. Write About It in Your Diaries Tonight.
The Legend of Dragoon>>>>>>>>>>>>FFVII
#17FiveSeven77Posted 6/18/2012 4:16:56 PM
LoL=Dota 1 > Dota 2

Yeah.....sorry dota 2 too awkward for me :(
---
All planned.
LoL: CrispyJ27
#18DoctorEggmanPosted 6/18/2012 4:22:51 PM
Luster_Sly posted...
-I'm not sure what you mean, but I find that Dota 2 has a lot better atmosphere than LoL. In Dota 2, the theme is set in stone whereas in LoL you have archers seeking vengeance on nations that have scorched their land or whatever varus' lore is, alongside a mad scientist gopher who throws bombs.

Dota2 doesn't have any *new* champs yet. They're all being ported over from the original. And how does an archer who's land was razed by his enemies (Ionia WAS attacked by Noxus and this has already been set in stone for a VERY long time now) make Varus a more jarring addition to League than, say, any of the godlike entities from Dota 2? How can some of the champs even do battle with the others? Spectre is from a different plane of reality, Ancient Apparition is supposed to be beyond time or somesuch, and Enigma can make black holes, etc. Yet League is weirder with its "mad gopher scientist" (who is a yordle, a creature already defined in LoL's lore, with an obvious yordle quirk, his love for explosions).
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#19RihawfPosted 6/18/2012 4:26:07 PM
Play both, then you don't have to choose
---
Whenever someone talks with you in another language, you say: "Teu pai"
#20necroix05Posted 6/18/2012 4:26:31 PM
Both are extremely boring to watch, unless you know exactly what's going on, then it's bearable.

HoN is the best of the 3, but is also the least popular and has very unprofessional developers.

LoL is the most professional, but because it's owned by Tencent, it is also the most money hungry one.

Dota2 is probably not going to eclipse LoL any time soon, just because of how long it takes to get good at.
---
Triggers down moar liek xbox down mirite - Dark_elf796
www.own3d.tv/live/20497 - Check out my stream and follow it if you like it.