Question: With the exception of Warwick, why would you build on-hit on anyone?

#1SalvatorePosted 6/28/2012 8:55:24 AM
Honestly wondering what makes it viable. With Warwick, you have his ult which applies 20% AD scaling per swing and 100% on-hit per swing, for a total of 1.0 AD and 5.0 to whatever on-hit effect you have. This obviously boosts the value of on-hit items on Warwick.

But what about champs like Teemo? Arguably Kog'Maw (although I still maintain he's better as a standard AD carry)? What does a champion need to make an on-hit build viable, and/or why does this work?
---
Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all
Together we stand; divided we fall.
#2_Sociology_Posted 6/28/2012 8:58:38 AM(edited)
Teemo.

His poison is an on hit already and gives him magic damage, this with other magic damage items plus the as makes him snowball.
Also his base ad isnt bad so you dont NEED to focus on it.
---
it's better to be feared than loved - Niccolo Machiavelli
The human race sucks.
#3BowtotheTWIGPosted 6/28/2012 8:58:07 AM
Teemo and Lulu

Both have a passive that benefit from lots of Attack Speed

Both have fantastic autoattack animations

Attack Speed Items usually come in the form of on-hit items
---
Ratings FF Games (out of 10): I 7, II 5, III 6, IV 9.5, V 7, VI 8, VII 8, VIII 9.5, IX 8.5, X 9, X2 7, XII 6, XIII 8, XIII2 7.5XXIV 2 FFTA 9, FFTA2 8, FF4HoL 5.
#4SorrySleepingPosted 6/28/2012 9:11:55 AM
Any on hit champion (Teemo/Lulu) is better off being built AD. Good AS brings up the value of AD items. Good AD brings up the value of AS items. Teemo reaches above 1.0 Attack Speed and has a good animation. There is no reason to build him AS/On-Hit over AD/Crit unless you are trolling.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#5mcshane91Posted 6/28/2012 9:16:02 AM
Kog on-hit is actually pretty good since his kit enables it so much, but AD is still better.
#6BowtotheTWIGPosted 6/28/2012 9:16:39 AM
SorrySleeping posted...
Any on hit champion (Teemo/Lulu) is better off being built AD. Good AS brings up the value of AD items. Good AD brings up the value of AS items. Teemo reaches above 1.0 Attack Speed and has a good animation. There is no reason to build him AS/On-Hit over AD/Crit unless you are trolling.

There's a reason why most teams only have 1 AD carry. They're extremely squishy.

Teemo / Lulu with their builds are decently tanky, and have lots of utility. They don't exist in fights solely to melt everything in sight (though they do this as well :)), but also to provide a lot of utility. Teemo blinds and slows, Lulu polymorphs, shields, slows and ults.
---
Ratings FF Games (out of 10): I 7, II 5, III 6, IV 9.5, V 7, VI 8, VII 8, VIII 9.5, IX 8.5, X 9, X2 7, XII 6, XIII 8, XIII2 7.5XXIV 2 FFTA 9, FFTA2 8, FF4HoL 5.
#7TrevorkkhoPosted 6/28/2012 9:27:17 AM
^ that

If you want to build straight AD, pick a real AD carry with longer range and skill with AD scale.

Teemo/lulu are utility/distraction. They can add some decent dmg, annoy the crap out of opponent with disable/shrooms/shield/slow.
---
POK Erthroid Myeloid Ontogenic
#8CoryanisPosted 6/28/2012 9:41:31 AM
Kog .

Sorc boot
wit s end
malady
razor
phage

Hit W and laugh :)
#9SorrySleepingPosted 6/28/2012 9:46:32 AM
BowtotheTWIG posted...
SorrySleeping posted...

There's a reason why most teams only have 1 AD carry. They're extremely squishy.

Teemo / Lulu with their builds are decently tanky, and have lots of utility. They don't exist in fights solely to melt everything in sight (though they do this as well :)), but also to provide a lot of utility. Teemo blinds and slows, Lulu polymorphs, shields, slows and ults.

More like they can't find any place to put them. I've seen 2 AD carries done right. It is scary. Lulu shouldn't really be building On-Hit or AD, but whatever. Teemo has speed to run around the battlefield. He should be using his damage (better with AD) to move around the battle, blind the AD carry, and melt them.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#10BowtotheTWIGPosted 6/28/2012 9:49:13 AM
SorrySleeping posted...
BowtotheTWIG posted...
SorrySleeping posted...

More like they can't find any place to put them. I've seen 2 AD carries done right. It is scary. Lulu shouldn't really be building On-Hit or AD, but whatever. Teemo has speed to run around the battlefield. He should be using his damage (better with AD) to move around the battle, blind the AD carry, and melt them.

How about later today, I dominate you with my AS Lulu. 100 extra damage per autoattack is nothing to sneeze at

Teemo's role in a teamfight? You said it yourself. Blind AD carry and melt them. With on-hit build he still melts them. He also survives long enough to finish the job.
---