Question: With the exception of Warwick, why would you build on-hit on anyone?

#11TomorrowDogPosted 6/28/2012 9:56:17 AM
He should be using his damage (better with AD) to move around the battle, blind the AD carry, and melt them.

Ideally. The question is what sort of team is going to let you move in and do that at short range with a glass cannon build.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#12iPWNtheNoobsPosted 6/28/2012 10:11:32 AM(edited)
How does teemo reach the enemy AD carry.
I still can't picture it.
Full AD teemo?
Nauti will just auto attack you once not even waste ult, and a random AoE spell will kill him. Or say lux /ez sniping someone else, oh wat?! a dead teemo appeared!

---
Trolling is a art
#13lophtyPosted 6/28/2012 10:11:09 AM
SorrySleeping posted...
More like they can't find any place to put them. I've seen 2 AD carries done right. It is scary. Lulu shouldn't really be building On-Hit or AD, but whatever. Teemo has speed to run around the battlefield. He should be using his damage (better with AD) to move around the battle, blind the AD carry, and melt them.

I can tell you're one of the bad Teemos.
Teemo does not benefit AT ALL from AD, his AA range is atrocious...
You might as well build AD Annie, she has a longer range and doesn't benefit either.
Teemo should only have the small amount of AD from FM and Bloodrazor by lategame.
#14Salvatore(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2012 11:20:26 AM
So, if I understand it, AS/on-hit items tend to be less synergistic, but provide an adequate amount of damage for their gold anyway - one AS/on-hit item is better than one AD carry item, but 3 AS/on-hit items is worse than three AD carry items - and have the advantage of either being tanky themselves or, due to this low synergy, allowing you to buy more tanky items to fill in the gaps?
---
Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all
Together we stand; divided we fall.
#15Rising ChaosPosted 6/28/2012 11:44:45 AM
Pretty much. Look at Wit's End. It gives almost the same damage as a BF Sword. It also gives about the same additional value in AS and MR for the bargain bin price of 500g. The downside is that the magic damage proc doesn't apply lifesteal and can't crit.

If you're building mostly tanky with only 1-2 damage items, as most melee champions are wont to do, and don't have an AD steroid, it makes sense to prefer on-hit. It also doesn't hurt to have additional skills that scale with AS, like Warwick does in his passive.
---
"Pokey and the man."
#16Salvatore(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2012 3:00:19 PM
Pretty much. Look at Wit's End. It gives almost the same damage as a BF Sword. It also gives about the same additional value in AS and MR for the bargain bin price of 500g. The downside is that the magic damage proc doesn't apply lifesteal and can't crit.

If you're building mostly tanky with only 1-2 damage items, as most melee champions are wont to do, and don't have an AD steroid, it makes sense to prefer on-hit. It also doesn't hurt to have additional skills that scale with AS, like Warwick does in his passive.

Not to mention Warwick's ult (5 hits at 20% damage, but full on-hit scaling).

Thanks for the clarification, guys.
---
Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all
Together we stand; divided we fall.
#17OwlRammerPosted 6/28/2012 3:08:34 PM
Kog .

Sorc boot
wit s end
malady
razor
phage

Hit W and laugh :)

Can I just peck the W key with my face and scream instead?
---
BlazBlue Continuum Shift - Main: Platinum Sub: Tager|OwlRammer for everything
MvC3 - Deadpool/Magneto/Spencer,X-23/Arthur/Spencer|Travian is awesome.
#18Hyper InfernoPosted 6/28/2012 3:13:34 PM
You build on-hit because Malady and Wit's End are way cheaper than end-game AD carry items and you hope to use the mid-game damage to end it before the game goes too late.

Standard AD carry stats snowball on top of each other, the AD, lifesteal, AS, and crit all get better with more of each stat. Problem is, each item that gives a good amount of those stats are insanely expensive. On-hit items don't synergize to the same extent, but they're a lot cheaper and can let you snowball ahead to victory,
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#19pastaman2232Posted 6/28/2012 3:22:56 PM
TC: i've recently been thinking the exact same thing. however i still think CDRwick is better than on-hit items.

there's absolutely no reason to use an on-hit build on anyone, even if their skills make it seem like a good idea. infinity edge + attack speed (especially phantom dancer) will ALWAYS do more damage. even if you're going for more of a bruiser build, IE as a last item or even a bloodthirster is better than MBR + wits end etc.

don't listen to these people. just look at the numbers, and test builds out yourself if you're curious.

i used to be confused about why people would go "generic full ad" kogma rather than attack speed with madreds bloodrazor a few months ago. but critical strikes, and flat ad with attack speed just does more damage no matter the champion, plain and simple. MR shred/penetration with on hit items is inferior.
#20HospyPosted 6/28/2012 3:33:05 PM
It's cheaper/faster to get your items up if you want to have a stronger early/mid game at the expense of your late game.

For instance, a Malady isn't that much more than a BF sword.