How good is malphite as a tank?

#1pabIitoPosted 6/28/2012 1:51:19 PM
So far I've got Alistar, Galio, Rammus, Mordekaiser, and Pantheon. How good is Malphite as a tank, or should I get someone else? I like his Ult, but he doesn't seem to do much outside his ult.
#2ISamfisherIPosted 6/28/2012 1:52:45 PM
hes broken
#3thisisboris2Posted 6/28/2012 1:55:10 PM
ISamfisherI posted...
hes broken

this guy posted in a topic he didnt create
thats pretty rare
---
Eu is mai waifu <3 http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1580/92095487.jpg
3DS FC: 4596-9787-0086
#4Perfect GokuPosted 6/28/2012 1:59:37 PM
He's rock solid.
---
Important Time Saving Tip: I've been using this name on the internet for 8 years now. I don't watch DBZ and haven't for several years now.
#5kanated123Posted 6/28/2012 2:00:00 PM
pabIito posted...
So far I've got Alistar, Galio, Rammus, Mordekaiser, and Pantheon. How good is Malphite as a tank, or should I get someone else? I like his Ult, but he doesn't seem to do much outside his ult.

He deals some damage. Not much though. His AS debuff is really underrated though.

He's also really tanky (especially against physical damage) so that paired with his Q + AS debuff + some damage makes him a pain in the ass for AD carries.

You should try Jarvan. He can jungle or solo top.
Nautilus is another CC beast but he's best played as a jungler

And Panth and Morde aren't tanks unless by "tank" you mean someone who is simply hard to kill and built tanky. If that's the case then there are plenty more champs to choose from if you want a "tank".
#6teh_hellspawnPosted 6/28/2012 2:00:44 PM
Hie E and Q make carries and bruisers cry, his R is excellent for initiation, and his W makes him hurt quite a bit.
---
Ride Ze Shoopuf?
#7DeeJayTechnikaPosted 6/28/2012 2:40:40 PM
Do not build him pure tanky. Build him some AD and watch him completely destroy people while countering top early game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RVa0Q_t0bI&feature=related
Gamertag: Circle6
#8HarlotryPosted 6/28/2012 2:52:39 PM
DjAlaric posted...
Do not build him pure tanky. Build him some AD and watch him completely destroy people while countering top early game.

Tanky AP is also very effective for that burst initiate + slam + Q combo. I like building this way if they have more AP or are squishier. I think tanky AD is better if the other team has lots of bruisers.
#9MapleStory0WindPosted 6/28/2012 2:55:41 PM
hes broken

I'm not one to sheep, but this guy probably has the most sound opinions on the board considering he's probably got the highest elo.

But full tank might be a waste, because he doesn't really have any hard CC outside of his ultimate, but it all depends on how the game is going

People build him Sunfire + Abyssal + situational
#10VoidgolemPosted 6/28/2012 3:02:18 PM(edited)
You don't have the CC to go full tank, groundslam does just as good a job with slightly less armor as it does with crazy-armor.

Just buy a Frozen Heart and then build like a carry. Then ream the enemy AD with ult/groundslam/40% steroid
---
"Now, I don't mean mod like putting a sight on it, I mean shotguns that fire rockets. Rockets filled with acid and cyanide. It's that kind of game."