So I just got into LoL. Help me on the general stuff?

#1dnLpkPosted 6/28/2012 3:03:07 PM
So far I understood last hitting/zoning/microing concepts but I still don't understand the metagame of warding, jungling and item getting. Since I know the topic is going to derail fast if I wanted a generality of those three, I'll just ask one question: what items are you supposed to get? Does it just depend on what champions the other side has (especially on your lane or does it not matter)? Some examples would be really appreciated ^_^
---
billions of bilious blue blistering barnacles!
#2mattislegionPosted 6/28/2012 3:05:27 PM
Completely depends on the champion.
There are a bunch of different stats that items give, and depending on what your champion does and what you're attempting to do with them you're going to want different stats.
---
"Every time I move my lips, tears your little ears to bits."
LoL IGN: Matt Is Legion
#3necroix05Posted 6/28/2012 3:06:33 PM
AD champions build AD

AP champions build AP

Tanky champions build tanky.
---
Triggers down moar liek xbox down mirite - Dark_elf796
Report team for suck.
#4GetHighAndPlayPosted 6/28/2012 3:07:34 PM
www.solomid.net

There are some good guides for all champions on this site.
---
XboX Live = Lyle420
#5rayman0Posted 6/28/2012 3:08:53 PM
Items are completely situational depending on the champion you are using, the state of the lane/game, and the champion you are laning against/facing.

In lane you can either go Dorans items, counter-build, or start working on your core items for later in game.

If you are an AD Carry you want AD, AS, and Crit. If you are AP you want AP. Some APs may also build tanky or desire CDR. Bruisers should build tanky or off-tank.
---
I enforce my post with a force of 300 Spartans
#6VoidgolemPosted 6/28/2012 3:10:58 PM
Wholly reliant on what champion you're actually using, so can't offer much advice there without more info.
---
"Now, I don't mean mod like putting a sight on it, I mean shotguns that fire rockets. Rockets filled with acid and cyanide. It's that kind of game."