Change to Twisted Fate's Pick a Card mechanic

#31thecrazyfrogPosted 7/15/2012 6:37:56 PM
TF is a gambler - just be happy that Pick a Card isn't random.
#32eco masterPosted 7/15/2012 6:53:25 PM
YourJanissary posted...
i like this change. it's not bad design as one idiot claims (clearly doesn't understand what the term "design" means), but it does speed up the rate at which TF can pull out a gold card which would make him a lot stronger.

Does Twisted Fate really need to be stronger, though? The OP has stated he's looking for a Quality of Life improvement, and you're clearly stating that this would be a significant buff. I feel very strongly that W is working just as intended.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#33YourJanissaryPosted 7/15/2012 7:22:10 PM
YourJanissary posted...
i like this change. it's not bad design as one idiot claims (clearly doesn't understand what the term "design" means), but it does speed up the rate at which TF can pull out a gold card which would make him a lot stronger.

Does Twisted Fate really need to be stronger, though? The OP has stated he's looking for a Quality of Life improvement, and you're clearly stating that this would be a significant buff. I feel very strongly that W is working just as intended.

i have no opinion on how strong TF is. i think the change is a good one and if it merits a twisted fate rework (which i think should happen) then i would support that.
---
A great man, love him for all he's done.
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9194/weathersb.jpg
#34crovaxfrostmanePosted 7/15/2012 7:55:00 PM
Pick a Card should just give you a random card every time. No cycling, you get what you get. Much better fit to the gambler motif. Discuss.
---
Black FC: 2021 9008 6339
#35eco masterPosted 7/15/2012 8:37:11 PM
YourJanissary posted...
YourJanissary posted...

i have no opinion on how strong TF is. i think the change is a good one and if it merits a twisted fate rework (which i think should happen) then i would support that.

The change significantly impacts TF's strength, when he's already a fantastic pick for various reasons. The stun is already a ~4 second cooldown. The delay added by waiting for your card to come up for the first time in rotation is hardly a second more, and can be interpreted as making his W a ~5 second cooldown. It is currently not a difficult or complicated task to select the correct card at any point in the game, and making it so his stun is even more accessible turns the "Quality of Life" proposal into a straight out buff.

I don't see what about Twisted Fate needs to change. He plays well, has a few unique mechanics, and is viable across the board.
---
#36YourJanissaryPosted 7/15/2012 8:44:43 PM
eco master posted...

The change significantly impacts TF's strength, when he's already a fantastic pick for various reasons. The stun is already a ~4 second cooldown. The delay added by waiting for your card to come up for the first time in rotation is hardly a second more, and can be interpreted as making his W a ~5 second cooldown. It is currently not a difficult or complicated task to select the correct card at any point in the game, and making it so his stun is even more accessible turns the "Quality of Life" proposal into a straight out buff.

I don't see what about Twisted Fate needs to change. He plays well, has a few unique mechanics, and is viable across the board.

i know it does, that's why i said it was a significant power boost. at the same time, i think the picking method is a much better design than the current autocycle method. it makes TF feel more responsive at the cost of boosting his power quite a bit. virtually every quality of life change is a buff in some way, if you want quality of life buffs then you need to accept the champion consequently getting stronger.
---
#37eco masterPosted 7/15/2012 8:54:11 PM
Things like timers on Shen's and Nocturne's passives, being able to control minions with the respective ability key, making the already-existing Cho'Gath ult particle easier to see - those are quality of life changes. Nothing was added or changed. Existing mechanics were made visible (or in the case of minions, not require non-spell keystrokes to use).

After having played Twisted Fate since I started back last August, I guess I just have to disagree about any need to make him feel "more responsive", as I feel he's just as responsive as any other champion. Hitting the wrong cards? Step up your game. I feel that if you can't manage the card rotation and an engage at the same time, you'd be the same sort to not notice a backdoor or something else happening across the map. Put more focus into the rotation for a few games, then getting the right cards is second nature.

I feel strongly enough about this issue to compare it to making Ezreal's Q a targeted ability and saying "you don't have to waste time trying to hit the champion anymore".

Also, I just read through earlier posts citing issues with latency. Guess what - if your latency is bad enough to the point where you're missing cards regularly, chances are, you're going to have a hell of a time accomplishing anything in a mid-late game teamfight with anyone, so there are more pressing issues to fix than a single champion's ability.
---
#38TalentedMPosted 7/15/2012 8:55:50 PM
I would enjoy it if they changed it every time he throws a card the color changes. So auto attacks would mean your card changed. Like he was taking the card off the top of the deck and throwing it so a new one would show up.

IMO would make him more interesting.
---
PSN: TalentedM
Xbox: Consume Fetus
#39YourJanissaryPosted 7/15/2012 8:57:16 PM
eco master posted...
Things like timers on Shen's and Nocturne's passives, being able to control minions with the respective ability key, making the already-existing Cho'Gath ult particle easier to see - those are quality of life changes. Nothing was added or changed. Existing mechanics were made visible (or in the case of minions, not require non-spell keystrokes to use).

After having played Twisted Fate since I started back last August, I guess I just have to disagree about any need to make him feel "more responsive", as I feel he's just as responsive as any other champion. Hitting the wrong cards? Step up your game. I feel that if you can't manage the card rotation and an engage at the same time, you'd be the same sort to not notice a backdoor or something else happening across the map. Put more focus into the rotation for a few games, then getting the right cards is second nature.

I feel strongly enough about this issue to compare it to making Ezreal's Q a targeted ability and saying "you don't have to waste time trying to hit the champion anymore".

Also, I just read through earlier posts citing issues with latency. Guess what - if your latency is bad enough to the point where you're missing cards regularly, chances are, you're going to have a hell of a time accomplishing anything in a mid-late game teamfight with anyone, so there are more pressing issues to fix than a single champion's ability.

it's not so much that you're hitting the wrong cards that can make him feel unresponsive; it's more that you're activating an ability and being forced to wait for the card you need to pop up.
---