Shen Item Build tips?

#1minhoqPosted 8/1/2012 10:06:31 AM
Hello all, I'd like some advice on building Shen. I understand that he's usually permabanned, but in the instances he is not banned, I usually manage to play him top or jungle (I'm primarily a jungler, but I'm playing top more and more). Usually I start boots+3 pot regardless of the lane matchup, sometimes cloth+5 if I'm against someone insanely early game aggressive, such as Riven or Olaf in some cases. My issue is what to build into for mid/late game. Usually I go something like heart of gold, first component of wits end, level 2 boots somewhere in there, get a giant's belt, finish wits end and randuins, finish warmogs, building situationally if I'm winning or losing my lane. Does that seem correct?
---
Steam name: MinnieHajj
Add me!
#2SlaynPosted 8/1/2012 10:15:31 AM(edited)
Sounds good to me. He likes HP first of all and then some attack speed, generally wits end is good. Personally I like a phage, you taunt in to them and keep them snared. I have heard some people go Rylai's to slow with Q to catch up. I guess either works. Usually:

Mercs
HOG--->Randuin's
Wit's End
Warmogs
Mallet
Situational Defensive Item ( FON, Aegis works if not on support, BV, etc )

or

Offensive Item ( Atmas, Ionic Spark for splitpushing Shen! )
#3RushMkIIIPosted 8/1/2012 10:17:07 AM
If you're jungling I would rush the Wits before GB simply for clear times. It's an extremely strong item on Shen(and basically everyone, lol).
---
fight fight fight fight HOLD ON MARIO PARTY TIME! - J Koch
#4Ravens_27Posted 8/3/2012 4:14:12 AM
I usually jungle with him and go:
Cloth+5
Boots
HoG
Upgrade to boots of mobility/Merc treads
Wits End
Sunfire Cape
Mallet
Upgrade randuins
Situational defence- Mogs/FoN/FH
---
The official Fat Chocobo of the the dissidia 012: duodecim boards.
Dem G'faqs mods- complete idiots.
#5rndmguitaristPosted 8/3/2012 8:07:43 AM
Merc treads then build 5 giants belts. Upgrade the belts into warmogs as time allows.
---
Gamertag=Cavemoon