Crit chance runes..

#1LithspPosted 8/20/2012 6:55:14 AM
..are they worth it?

Like, for a full crit page?

I can't be bothered with the maths, but how much would a full crit page increase your chances of a crit?

In my head this sounds like a great idea for Cait, since she is strong early game, and the extra ranged crits might just net you those extra kills early game to help stomp the lane a bit more.
---
[]Signature[]
#2SorrySleepingPosted 8/20/2012 6:57:33 AM
Full crit page is about 20~25%. It isn't worth it, unless you are a hardcore Trynd player or want to troll with GP. There are much better runes, Crit is for mainly mid-late game when you have ~50+%
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#3Toe_JamulonisPosted 8/20/2012 6:58:39 AM
having a specialized rune page just for caitlyn is like putting lipstick on a pig.
#4Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2012 7:01:12 AM
SorrySleeping posted...
Full crit page is about 20~25%. It isn't worth it, unless you are a hardcore Trynd player or want to troll with GP. There are much better runes, Crit is for mainly mid-late game when you have ~50+%

Can Cait's passive crit? 25% chance of a headshot crit level 1 seems pretty good to me.

Personally don't like Trynd or GP a whole lot. :/
---
[]Signature[]
#5DeleveleDPosted 8/20/2012 7:06:04 AM
It's 20% for a full page and while it's fun, no it's not worth it. However, I think it's a good idea to put a few runes until you get around 4-5%, because it will come in handy at those random times.

There was a reason why they removed the 4% critical chance mastery on offense.
---
The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.
#6RiliyksPosted 8/20/2012 7:09:49 AM
Her passive buff can crit.

And nah, honestly, your better off rushing a rice blade if your worried about crit.

Maybe add one or two for the lulz it can provide, but a full page is pretty bad. You'd be better off with crit damage, and even still, you should only bother with em on Trynd.
---
Pkmn Diamond FC 2964-5171-5195
Gameplay>Graphics Typos hapen.
#7happyscrub1Posted 8/20/2012 7:22:42 AM
Try it, if it works for you, do it.
---
Question, how did world trade center building 7 (the -3rd- building to fall) collapse during 9/11? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnjIzamnJo
#8IlishePosted 8/20/2012 7:23:16 AM
I've seen Caits at 2.3k elo playing with doran blade and lifesteal quints start.

Never seen a crit player.
---
~Immortal~
#9Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2012 7:41:14 AM
happyscrub1 posted...
Try it, if it works for you, do it.

I've got like 6% crit at the moment from runes (no more IP atm), and I played a game and felt like it made a huge difference.

It's probably just in my head, but it felt like I was nailing way more crits than usual even though it's only 6% more.

After IE and PD I was critting all over the shop.

Random FYI: 4/4 wins as Cait. Awesome stuff.
---
[]Signature[]
#10x77654Posted 8/20/2012 8:49:59 AM
I don't know if its optimal or anything but I usually get first blood in normals with trynd when using a specialized rune page for him with crit reds and crit damage/chance quints. They engage head on assuming trynd will be weak but then they soon realize I have nearly 50% crit chance with a full rage bar and by the time they try to retreat it is too late. Engage, mocking shout when they flee, catch them with spinning slash, blow summoners if needed and almost always first blood.
---
C-c-c-combo Breaker ( =O'.')===O<(x_X< )