Give some advice to a complete newbie?

#1albinojakoPosted 8/26/2012 2:49:34 AM
Anyone? Anything will do, I've played the tutorial though so the whole staying behind turrets is still in my head.
---
Not Changing this until there is a barrel roll move in Pokemon. Started 25/9/2010
http://tinyurl.com/bls9z3e
#2RontequePosted 8/26/2012 2:50:48 AM
watch how the pros play. look at their streams. read up guides on solomid on what skills to add and what item to build.
#3Sl1c3dBr3adPosted 8/26/2012 2:53:02 AM
STAY BEHIND YOUR MINIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, don't die. Ever. That might sound obvious, or it might sound stupid, but the less you die the better. Also, last hit minions, don't just sit there auto attacking. If minions are under your turret, let the turret hit melee minions 2x before attacking. Attack ranged minions once, back off, 1 turret shot, attack it one more. There probably isn't many junglers at your level, but if you have a jungler, you don't want your lane to be pushed and impossible to gank. Learn to dodge skillshots. Learn your role and where to be in a team fight.
---
If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Saviour, put this as your sig.
I am Sliced Bread. Don't forget it.
#4GhostSignalPosted 8/26/2012 2:57:04 AM
Learning to 'last hit' is so crucial, if you can do this at least adequately it helps so much. Basically hit the minion with an ability/auto-attack when they have a sliver of health left to get the gold.

However, with this comes a whole slew of other techniques such as positioning, harassing the enemy and lane dynamics (pushing/freezing). You'll get used to it. Also, when a few towers go down try and stick with your team. Going around alone unless you have vision on the enemy is a good way to get yourself killed.
#5albinojako(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2012 3:01:22 AM
Are bots a good idea to fight? I know in some other games it ruins your game because of their unnatural play habits.
---
Not Changing this until there is a barrel roll move in Pokemon. Started 25/9/2010
http://tinyurl.com/bls9z3e
#6GhostSignalPosted 8/26/2012 3:05:16 AM
For a time, yeah. They're always good for learning characters skills and such; don't be that guy who goes into ranked/normals and says for example 'FIRST TIME OLAF LOL OK GUYS?'

People normally play bots until around lvl 8-10 then jump into pvp.
#7zeppelin312Posted 8/26/2012 3:08:03 AM
albinojako posted...
Are bots a good idea to fight? I know in some other games it ruins your game because of their unnatural play habits.

depends, I'm of the opinion that you will learn more in normals than bots. Bots are braindead and won't help you grow in a pvp sense. However they can help you practice the basics, like last hitting(critical to becoming better).

You might play bots for the first couple levels and then go into pvp.
#8Nickclone2Posted 8/26/2012 3:08:03 AM
Don't be afraid to run away, its better to run away than to be killed.

If you see someone attack an enemy champ, join in. Don't worry about stealing the kill (unless its going to get you killed).

Something I like to do at the start of the match is not move until the minions spawn. Its lets you see where everyone is going and you don't want to be without minions. A lot of people like to run out to the outer turret in the beginning, good way to get yourself killed.
---
I forgive you, but I can't speak for O.J.
#9Sl1c3dBr3adPosted 8/26/2012 3:16:15 AM
Nickclone2 posted...
Don't be afraid to run away, its better to run away than to be killed.

If you see someone attack an enemy champ, join in. Don't worry about stealing the kill (unless its going to get you killed).

Something I like to do at the start of the match is not move until the minions spawn. Its lets you see where everyone is going and you don't want to be without minions. A lot of people like to run out to the outer turret in the beginning, good way to get yourself killed.

Wait, really? Not sure if sarcasm or not. Getting to lane early is a good idea, though not to be in the lane. Usually a jungler needs a leash, the only one I can think of that doesn't is Shaco.
---
If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Saviour, put this as your sig.
I am Sliced Bread. Don't forget it.
#10Nickclone2Posted 8/26/2012 10:00:38 AM
Wait, really? Not sure if sarcasm or not. Getting to lane early is a good idea, though not to be in the lane. Usually a jungler needs a leash, the only one I can think of that doesn't is Shaco.

Nope, I'm serious. Granted, some champs are better at fighting in the beginning, but I use Fidd and I will die.
---
I forgive you, but I can't speak for O.J.