So what's the word on how to build rengar?

#1like_752_ninjasPosted 9/4/2012 10:38:32 AM
Is AP solo top the way to go? And if so what's best to build on him?
#2XcaIIionPosted 9/4/2012 11:02:03 AM
dfg, dcap, void
---
Ahri is mai waifu
Join the glorius evolution!
#3zecretPosted 9/4/2012 11:03:25 AM
I don't get the AP build...he has one ability with an AP ratio, and he can cast it twice every 5 abilities, but beyond that...?
---
XBL GT: Zecret
I'm the topic killer. I kill topics.
#4XcaIIionPosted 9/4/2012 11:06:44 AM
zecret posted...
I don't get the AP build...he has one ability with an AP ratio, and he can cast it twice every 5 abilities, but beyond that...?

his total burst is 2.0 in an aoe+dfg it's pretty good and he can do it very often, especially if he has his ult up.
---
Ahri is mai waifu
Join the glorius evolution!
#5Herostratus_Posted 9/4/2012 11:09:21 AM
If you build AP Reng, you have no sustained damage, and you also waste the tankiness that doublecasting W with a three second spacing gives you.
#6VoidgolemPosted 9/4/2012 11:11:40 AM
Double-W feels like it hits harder than empowered Q and autoattacks.

might just be because people trend towards higher armor than MR.
---
"To this day, I'm not sure how a grizzly bear manages to sneak into my fort and steal my beer."
#7BrightOwlPosted 9/4/2012 11:15:12 AM
A build that's worked for me every game I've used it (and by "worked" I mean I always win top lane with a very positive kdr, even with minimal support from the jungler):

- start with boots+3 health pots
- grab a couple dorans blades for sustain and health for W
- work your way into both a Phage and Hexdrinker, after getting Mercs
- after that, it depends on how fed you are, but I usually like to get more damage oriented items, like a B.F Sword item if I have the gold, or just go right into finishing F.M or Maw.

I usually never get Triforce but I'm not opposed to incorporating it if I have the gold.
---
LoL: ZombieEatYourEar