Who counters Jayce in top lane?

#21kanyediamondsPosted 9/19/2012 11:09:35 AM
From my experience Lee Sin gives Jayce the most trouble.
---
Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
#22SIashPosted 9/19/2012 11:18:12 AM
Any solo top as long as you are the better player.

Jayce doesn't do much damage

Dodge his balls = Easy
Engage on him first he will still be with his cannon and would have to quickly switch to his hammer. Slowing him down.

I don't know why people say Jayce is hard solo top I laugh everytime I go fight a Jayce solo top I'm like free kills. I onced farmed a Jayce before I was 9-0 12 min in.

And no I wasn't playing a counter champion.
---
Proud and exclusive member of BeautifulPeople.com
#23centurion911Posted 9/19/2012 11:21:27 AM(edited)
SIash posted...
Any solo top as long as you are the better player.

Jayce doesn't do much damage

Dodge his balls = Easy
Engage on him first he will still be with his cannon and would have to quickly switch to his hammer. Slowing him down.

I don't know why people say Jayce is hard solo top I laugh everytime I go fight a Jayce solo top I'm like free kills. I onced farmed a Jayce before I was 9-0 12 min in.

And no I wasn't playing a counter champion.

lolno

wrong on all fronts except the skill part, skill wins all
---
"Xin lvl 6 ganks are alistar 2.0"
YOU CAN'T MILK MY TIP AND THE SPEAR BEHIND IT.
#24LlamaNubPosted 9/19/2012 11:23:01 AM
Jayce is the new Kennen. He is absolutely infuriating to go against. The only way to effectively shut him down is to gank him a couple of times, and even though, you better have chain CC because he can peel off at least one of you.

The good thing is that once Jayce gets behind, he is likely to stay behind, unlike late-game champs such as Singed, Jax, Nasus etc.
---
When life gives you lemons, blame yourself for planting the wrong tree.
#25chaoshadouPosted 9/19/2012 11:24:40 AM
g-cube_masta posted...
g-cube_masta posted...
not sure 100% on th matchup yet but I've seen Darius work more than once.

Jayce counters Darius

You would think that but each time I've seen the match up Darius just outdamages him hard in early levels and kills him. Even saw Darius kill Jayce as soon as they got back to lane, both from full, after Darius had given up fb and Jayce had a D Blade up on him.

Could have been some bad Jayce's but I'm not so ready to just accept that.

Bad Jayce, unless he was really cocky and didn't do what Jayce should be doing. Engage, disengage, and kite. Jayce harasses mad easy against Darius in early levels with cannon form, not to mention disengage really easy with e in hammer form.

Typical Jayce Q, AA, E in hammer form should do as much if not more damage than Darius Q, W, and that's if he gets it off in time. Getting a phage early only makes Darius' life harder as you can literally zig-zag away from him firing autos and he can't do anything about it save fish for a hook.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand
#26BarrenitePosted 9/19/2012 12:02:08 PM
g-cube_masta posted...
not sure 100% on th matchup yet but I've seen Darius work more than once.

Every time I go against a Darius as Jayce I **** all over them so hard they can't move.
#27AllGodsDiePosted 9/19/2012 12:03:25 PM
I do because my name rhymes with Jayce. And that matters.
---
Xboxtags-KarmaRetention/Pebble7880.
Steam-Allgodsdie
#28Last_matterPosted 9/19/2012 12:04:23 PM
Biglabron posted...
kanated posted...
Biglabron posted...
Tanky sustain is your best bet against Jayce.

chogath/nunu/nasus

jayce will lack the dmg to kill you outright and you just heal what dmg he does to you off. Jayce lacks sustain, if you play your cards right you can send him back more than yourself.

Nasus gets murdered, like he does against most tops, except against Jayce is even worse.
Cho gets murdered against early harass. And he can't shut Jayce down anyway.
Nunu gets by but he doesn't shut Jayce down and Jayce scales way better than him.

I have a 100% win rate against jayce with Nasus. Offering personal experience. Pre 6 hurts but once you buy armor boots and get an extra cloth armor or so the only thing that hurts from jayce is his magic dmg hammer. Where in my post did i say they shut jayce down? please read better. Ninja Tabi mitigates a ton of jayce's harass, therefore if you can heal off excess dmg from a spell mechanic Jayce essentially doesn't hurt at all.

Fun fact, if you "survive" laning phase, you are not countering anyone. You said yourself that pre 6 nasus has a hard time and that you are not shutting him down at any point. So how exactly are you countering him?
---
That was a fail, an epic fail.. - Guy Cecil
#29Toe_JamulonisPosted 9/19/2012 12:04:57 PM
I've done well as GP farming and getting assists with my ult. Once your Q is level 3+ you can pretty much Q farm without missing creeps, and with a philo stone and mana recouping, you will never go oom. You won't be able to kill him 1v1, but he won't be able to sit on you long enough to kill you either. If you get a gank, you can maybe snowball, but if you just build defensively and afk farm, you can be a happy camper.

However, Jayce seems to bring more to team fights and scales better into late game.

But 1k+ Parrrley crits are so yummy.
#30BiglabronPosted 9/19/2012 12:15:52 PM(edited)
Last_matter posted...
Biglabron posted...
kanated posted...
Biglabron posted...
Tanky sustain is your best bet against Jayce.

chogath/nunu/nasus

jayce will lack the dmg to kill you outright and you just heal what dmg he does to you off. Jayce lacks sustain, if you play your cards right you can send him back more than yourself.

Nasus gets murdered, like he does against most tops, except against Jayce is even worse.
Cho gets murdered against early harass. And he can't shut Jayce down anyway.
Nunu gets by but he doesn't shut Jayce down and Jayce scales way better than him.

I have a 100% win rate against jayce with Nasus. Offering personal experience. Pre 6 hurts but once you buy armor boots and get an extra cloth armor or so the only thing that hurts from jayce is his magic dmg hammer. Where in my post did i say they shut jayce down? please read better. Ninja Tabi mitigates a ton of jayce's harass, therefore if you can heal off excess dmg from a spell mechanic Jayce essentially doesn't hurt at all.

Fun fact, if you "survive" laning phase, you are not countering anyone. You said yourself that pre 6 nasus has a hard time and that you are not shutting him down at any point. So how exactly are you countering him?

If you wish to debate atleast read what I said. If you play your cards right you can end up sending him back more than yourself due to sustain/tankiness. Since when is out farming your opponent not a counter?
---
Some people don't even know consoles are made by PC's, "palms face".