what should i have done vs this bot lane combo?

#1xDarknezzxPosted 10/1/2012 9:35:49 AM
we were nunu (me) + draven vs pantheon and taric

every time draven was in lane they would taric stun him, pantheon stun and completely blow him up with their ridiculous combined burst

obviously there was absolutely nothing either of us could do to prevent this. snowball + exhaust on pantheon did nothing to stop his incredible damage and even if he failed to kill draven, he would just do it again like 20 seconds later.

draven was 1-9 when we surrendered :(
#2hawkeye2188Posted 10/1/2012 9:39:44 AM
Call for a gank.
---
GT: hawkeye2188
#3UnderwaterAirPosted 10/1/2012 9:46:04 AM
Play safe in lane, NEVER let them initiate on Draven. Always stand in front of Draven no matter what. Draven should not use his Q to farm and you should both try to freeze the lane in front of or near your own turret.

Only time either of you should try to fight is after level 6.. As soon as they engage you activate your ult. If they don't stun you they're both going to eat a ton of damage after having moved in to burst on Draven. Draven responds right away with R+E+W+Qautos and ignite.

That's about as best as I can figure how that fight would go.

On a side note, Draven + Nunu is a horrible lane combination... they just don't compliment each other very well. You'd assume that with Bloodboil Draven can run to get his axes more but that won't affect where his axes will land so you're still losing that time regardless. And in teamfights the bloodboil can act as his steroid but so what? His Q steroid will attach to only 2-3 attacks in a team fight in most conditions so then it's wasted again. He can't stand still to land his attacks.

You should have gone with someone like Sona or Janna. Janna can shield him to allow him to run in and Qauto with increased damage and disrupt to protect him and give passive movement speed bonus. Sona can passively give AD and sustain and boost movement speed.

Still, just play the lane really safe. Reminds me of when I was playing blind and took Taric + Tristana and ended up facing Urgot + Lulu with double heal and clarity. We weren't going to be able to use our traditional burst combo damage to kill them because they have too much hp and too much shielding. So we just defended at tower and turned it into farming lane with very little harass and Urgot was also bad with his E so that helped us a bit. End game, they only took top tower while we crushed everything else and I rolled 14/4/11 as Tristana.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#4Lord SojiroPosted 10/1/2012 9:53:22 AM
Seems like common League sense that if you're in a lane against two stuns and strong damage with no sustain or escape, you should just farm extremely close to turret or you will die. Not sure if you had the worse match-up, but either way, it sounds like that Draven was bad. Better to be zoned from CS (and still receive XP) than to constantly feed trying to get 3 CS.

It was probably over after he died 2+ times though, you guys probably got dived by fed Pantheon since his shield can block turret shots. But yeah, Draven should have played safe until the jungler could come to gank.
---
Oh no! It's Idiot power!
#5kanated123Posted 10/1/2012 10:46:07 AM
Stop being bad.

And no, by the time you're 0/5 following my advice won't help.
#6UnderwaterAirPosted 10/1/2012 10:51:24 AM
Oh yeah, this is also why I say that no matter how good you are if your lane ally sucks at bottom you end up sucking also. Even if what you did was the right thing to do at the time and they didn't respond you end up being called a feeder or baddie by them and the whole team begins to see it as such because you died on your own when you both could've gotten kills if he had just followed up with you.

Or, when he dives like an idiot and gets himself killed and proceeds to blame you because you didn't want to go into a hopeless situation and give a double kill with him. He then figures you're a baddie and doesn't want to do anything to help you ever. In the worst cases he even begins taking CS as a support saying he has to carry now or he leaves you to 1v2 and goes roaming screwing the entire team up and everyone blames you both even though you were trying to play solidly.

I tell you. Allies are very strong. I don't know how to counter them at all. @_@
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#7xDarknezzx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2012 11:05:18 AM
kanated123 posted...
Stop being bad.

And no, by the time you're 0/5 following my advice won't help.

error 404 advice not found