Kha'Zix - Mid or Top?

#1ShibiscuitPosted 10/3/2012 1:04:34 AM
By sending him mid, you're taking away an ap mid carry.
But he's best played mid, and not top, 'cause bruisers will be all "lolol" and then bug spray him

watdo :(
---
Currently wearing: D&G The One, Le Male, Creed Aventus/Millesime Imperial, Versace, YVS L'Homme, No.9 Haarlem, Boss Bottled, and Issey Miyake
cows go moo
#2VrrrooomPosted 10/3/2012 1:10:11 AM
Shibiscuit posted...
By sending him mid, you're taking away an ap mid carry.

Swain top :-D
---
;)
#3G0dSlay3rPosted 10/3/2012 1:13:17 AM
He's not really all that effective in mid either.
A lot of mids with ranged AA's can handle him without issues.
Any kind of crowd control will also wreck his day.

Yes, people do say he's like Talon and best played in mid. Except he's not.
What makes Talon so effective as an anti-AP mid assassin is his silence, which enables him to bring out his combo during that short period where his target can't really counterattack.

Kha'Zix doesn't have that. If Kha'Zix goes in on his target on mid, there's nothing stopping the enemy AP to just unload their full combo on Kha'Zix.

The reality is - Kha'Zix has a fun, but currently ineffective kit and doesn't really shine anywhere.
Not jungling, not solotop and not mid either.
Clears are slow in jungle, mana costs are high for any of his AoE's and ranged pokes.
Also, his only ranged poke gets creep blocked, while his gap closer has a fairly long cooldown. That doesn't really work all that well in mid lane.
#4kanated123Posted 10/3/2012 1:19:25 AM
G0dSlay3r posted...
He's not really all that effective in mid either.
A lot of mids with ranged AA's can handle him without issues.
Any kind of crowd control will also wreck his day.

Yes, people do say he's like Talon and best played in mid. Except he's not.
What makes Talon so effective as an anti-AP mid assassin is his silence, which enables him to bring out his combo during that short period where his target can't really counterattack.

Kha'Zix doesn't have that. If Kha'Zix goes in on his target on mid, there's nothing stopping the enemy AP to just unload their full combo on Kha'Zix.

The reality is - Kha'Zix has a fun, but currently ineffective kit and doesn't really shine anywhere.
Not jungling, not solotop and not mid either.
Clears are slow in jungle, mana costs are high for any of his AoE's and ranged pokes.
Also, his only ranged poke gets creep blocked, while his gap closer has a fairly long cooldown. That doesn't really work all that well in mid lane.

KInda like most AD assassins, even Talon.

There are other tops who do well mid, even without silences btw. Jarvan is a good example, Wu and Lee Sin are good as well. Kha lacks the sustain/tankiness and roaming potential to be good mid though, he's good on the damage and mobility department.
#5GujinKamiPosted 10/3/2012 1:24:28 AM
He's really effective mid because of his burst capabilities and the fact that most AP mids build more MR than armor early on, making them easy food for Kha'Zix.

Also,you can always send an AP top, such as Vlad, Swain, or Cho'gath, and be fine on the AP portion.

Kha'Zix suffers from the same problem as Talon; fun to play, but only viable as a hard carry.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/34gvgnb.gif http://i49.tinypic.com/mlttw9.jpg
#6G0dSlay3rPosted 10/3/2012 1:45:40 AM
"Most" mids build magic resist instead of armor early?

Honestly, those are just dumb players and it's not really a useful argument.
If i'm up against an AD in mid, no matter who it is, my first or second item is usually a Chain Vest. It gets upgraded into Hourglass anyway and there are probably other AD's on the team, so it's never a loss.
Also, reduces damage from turrets shots if you dive your enemy under turret.

The AD mid has to build AD to do any damage to me, so he'll still be very susceptible to AP harass early even if i don't build early AP.
Or he'll build magic resist and do even less damage to me. Either way, Chain Vest GG.