Over 150 total matches with AP Eve, AMA

#21KirbixPosted 10/3/2012 12:49:06 PM
_HeX posted...
I almost always use boots of mobility unless people are starting to stack magic resist, at which point I'm gonna need the extra 20 spell pen from the boots.

The other thing about that is that the mobility boots aren't really necessary post laning phase, so this strategy seems to make the most sense- start mobility boots and swap for sorc boots late game if needed.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#22DeanyzyPosted 10/3/2012 1:30:43 PM
FreshSushi posted...
My question is. How delusional do you have to be to play 150 games with AP Eve and not think she's bs. Or, do you seriously think it's all skillz when you do this. QQQQQQQQQQQQQWQQQQEQQQQQQQQQQ walk a bit bot hurr invis 1REQQQQEQQQQQQQQQQQ

AP Eve is only easy to use against stupid opponents who let her run riot. She'll dominate skillshot based characters in the mid lane but targeted abilities and DoTs give her hell and she can't roam if you ward properly. She can't do jack against a tanky team (or one with heavy CC) since she won't get close enough to assassinate the squishies. She has a lot of bad match ups mid and is best served as a counter pick.

Eve takes a lot of skill to play against good opponents since there's so many options when it comes to stopping her. My guess is that if you're having trouble against her then the problem lies with you rather then Eve being unbalanced.
#23ffxblak12Posted 10/3/2012 2:35:00 PM
Kirbix posted...
_HeX posted...
I almost always use boots of mobility unless people are starting to stack magic resist, at which point I'm gonna need the extra 20 spell pen from the boots.

The other thing about that is that the mobility boots aren't really necessary post laning phase, so this strategy seems to make the most sense- start mobility boots and swap for sorc boots late game if needed.

sorc boots are only usefull early game lol....

also another advantage to my build is the hybrid of phiscial and magical damage. and since you get fed its very hard to build against you
#24shadow99226Posted 10/3/2012 3:56:04 PM
Deanyzy posted...

AP Eve is only easy to use against stupid opponents who let her run riot. She'll dominate skillshot based characters in the mid lane but targeted abilities and DoTs give her hell and she can't roam if you ward properly. She can't do jack against a tanky team (or one with heavy CC) since she won't get close enough to assassinate the squishies. She has a lot of bad match ups mid and is best served as a counter pick.

Eve takes a lot of skill to play against good opponents since there's so many options when it comes to stopping her. My guess is that if you're having trouble against her then the problem lies with you rather then Eve being unbalanced.

Not true. It is just as easy to stomp with Eve at the highest ELO levels. Well, in solo-queue at least. Might be a bit different in arranged 5s.
#25G0dSlay3r(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 5:11:27 PM
Kirbix posted...
Why not boots of mobility to help with ganks?

Two reasons.

1.) Her passive.
2.) She scales GLORIOUSLY with magic penetration.

Now, 20 magic penetration may not seem like much at first, but you should consider that her combo does health percentage-based damage, so magic penetration is way, way more valuable in that case than for standard raw-damage AP mids.

Secondly, you need to ask yourself, how does AP Eve work?
The choice between Boots of Mobility and Sorc Shoes is actually makes a lot of sense when you think about her kit and her playstyle.

AP Eve is supposed to either bully the enemy mid out of lane, or just push enough to go roam and gank. You need to spam Q and E to counter-push effectively against a lot of mids.
So your mana may get pretty low before you go to gank.

Here's the scenario that happened a lot in my case:
-I take boots of mobility, dealing less damage to minions and having to waste more mana to counter-push/harass/farm
-I go gank with Mobility boots, getting to my destination a lot faster, which means that i have less mana available for a gank
-I go in, but frequently run out of mana during the gank and also don't do as much damage to the target with my initial combo

Why does this happen?
Because i got to my gank target too fast, which means that i spent less time in stealth to regenerate my mana.
Because i deal less damage to everyone, wasting more mana in lane and during ganks to secure kills.

Now, if you want to avoid popular ward spots as Eve, the solution is simple:

DO NOT GANK OTHER LANES THROUGH THE RIVER AS EVE, EVER.

Pop W, head into your own jungle, let your stealth kick in and walk into the lane from your friendly tower.
W doesn't cost you ANYTHING and is one of the reasons why you never have to buy Boots of Mobility with Eve - you have on-demand and no-cost mobility.
That is the best route you can take for a gank as AP Eve since the enemy can never ward around your tower.(Towers detect wards.)
#26JaggiJumperPosted 10/3/2012 5:20:51 PM
Deanyzy posted...
She can't do jack against a tanky team (or one with heavy CC) since she won't get close enough to assassinate the squishies. She has a lot of bad match ups mid and is best served as a counter pick.

LOOOOOOOOL
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: SlipperyGooch. http://i.imgur.com/yDgAM.jpg Lee Sin is mai wai- um...
#27G0dSlay3r(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 5:25:44 PM
ffxblak12 posted...

I still think that its much easier to carry with my build as the only thing it has less then ap eve is just a tiny bit less burst. But other then that it has more movespeed/more sustained damage/ more health and mana sustain/ more survivability/ less reliant on cooldowns can still gank without ult up. while ap eve needs ult and fg

the speed helps you gank bot/top much easier your survivability and the rest can help carry a team more then just instagibbing one champion.

The one thing i agree is that ap eve might be better with a premade team. but other then that if you want to pubstomp which is the most fun thing in the game go with my build and get penta kills

I already had this discussion with you, so i'll keep it short.

AP Eve core items:
-Sorc Shoes (1100 Gold)
-Deathfire Grasp (2600 Gold)
Total: 3700 Gold

Your "carry" build core items:
-Trinity Force (4070 Gold)
-Hextech Gunblade (3625 Gold)
(Boots?)
Total=7695 Gold (way over 8k, possibly over 9k depending on boot choice)

Also, i got several pentakills with AP Eve in normals already (my first ever pentakill being with her), quadra and triple kills with her in ranked.
I usually play soloqueue and rarely premades with her.

AP Eve can gank without her ult/DFG just fine once she gets a bit of AP.
The 1.0 AP scaling on her E makes that possible along with the 0.4 AP ratio on her Q.
She does have sustained damage - her Q. Are you purposely ignoring that or something?
Spam Q and kite anyone all day long.
By the time she reaches 7600 or so gold, which is the cost of your basic core items, she is perfectly capable of getting kills/assists in ganks without her ult/DFG if she wants to.
#28G0dSlay3r(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 5:55:04 PM(edited)
JaggiJumper posted...
Deanyzy posted...
She can't do jack against a tanky team (or one with heavy CC) since she won't get close enough to assassinate the squishies. She has a lot of bad match ups mid and is best served as a counter pick.

LOOOOOOOOL

You know why i stomp so hard with AP Eve?
Because the enemy never thinks about getting some meaningful Magic Resist items early and people never get any pink wards in lanes.

Get a Negatron Cloak on your carry and she can't instagib him unless she has Void Staff, which is an item she RARELY has early on in the game.
Upgrade Negatron to QSS/Veil or any other magic resist item of your choice.

There are several common ways to defend against AP Eve:

-Early Negatron Cloaks (THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT ITEM TO COUNTER HER)
-Pink ward on her wraiths
-Pink ward on the buff camp between mid and top lane
-Pink ward in side brush near your turret(regardless if top or bottom, place it there and you can see her)
-PINK WARDS
(You know, the stuff you used to buy way back when Twitch and Eve had their old stealth, but somehow stopped buying them to guard your lanes and instead only buy them to clear out wards on Dragon/Baron.)
-Soraka as bot support

Now, let me be very, very specific - you get a Negatron Cloak EARLY.
It doesn't matter once she gets 2-3 kills. You get it before she gets any kills.
If you do - congrats, AP Eve can't instagib anymore. By the time she has enough gold for extra magic penetration, you will have upgraded that Negatron Cloak into an even stronger magic resist item and your support/jungler has Aegis of the Legion.
Ideally, you would also have Soraka. Yes, Soraka can ruin Eve's day in bot lane, frequently preventing her from instagibbing the enemy carry and giving everyone around her extra magic resist.

AP Eve is so threatening because people think: "Derp, we don't need pink wards, we'll see her when she comes".
Then she rushes you like a bat out of hell with her W boost. And she can basically drop DFG+Ult on you just from the edge of her stealth range.
#29JaggiJumperPosted 10/3/2012 10:36:59 PM
Thoughts on pen stack? Sorc DFG Haunting Abyssal.
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: SlipperyGooch. http://i.imgur.com/yDgAM.jpg Lee Sin is mai wai- um...
#30Shadow EdgePosted 10/3/2012 10:46:44 PM
Don't you have issues laning against Ryze? I once played against Ryze and got zoned out.
---
ns