Why are people who usually come from call of duty to LoL so much better?

#71sarevokmbPosted 10/3/2012 4:46:34 PM
xHaterade posted...
Me, Patch, Rusty, Merci, Cheese, F5in, and Cow

7 of the best players on this board started with a history in console gaming and most notably the Call of Duty Franchise. We all maintained K/D ratios above 3.0 especially rusty with a staggering 8.0 K/D ration.

4/6 were also part of the prestigious clan of normal mens, this clan has thus spanned onto many different games such as LoL, MW3, BL2, GW2, Smite, Pokemon Black and White 2, and Unreal tournament 6.

When we came to LoL we instantly hit gold rating and some of us like patch and merci quickly hit platinum within a few months. What is it about us that makes us so great. F5in went on to go pro in Smite but he died in a horrific GW2 accident. We havent seen him since RIP

Maybe it says that you only obsessively play one game. Obviously you are going to be good at a game if you spend all of your time playing it. Most of us instead split our time between multiple games.
---
"The law is only a protection when everyone agrees to be bound by it. We don't." -Thane, Mass Effect 2
#72JaggiJumperPosted 10/3/2012 4:49:43 PM
themagicpainman posted...
xHaterade posted...
the imaginary God

l0l

Yup no good reasoning for our amazing skill yet

Do you need a second account for your ego?

I've played with both of them at once so...
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: SlipperyGooch. http://i.imgur.com/yDgAM.jpg Lee Sin is mai wai- um...
#73angermngment101Posted 10/3/2012 4:51:27 PM
SOCOM 2 a console game had no aim assist.
---
Gamefax
#74xHaterade(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 4:53:07 PM
Having a good K/D in CoD means that you're good at it? Have any of you even made an money off your game (I have in Halo through MLG...)?

I made $5 bucks playing 1v1'ing some guy

does that count as professional gaming?

Also this topic isn't for hating please. Refer to bottom left of my sig please
---
GT:SephisticatedBest MW2 player on GFAQS
Haters gonna hate me cause they ain't me| Nuke on Every map
#75Flen15Posted 10/3/2012 5:12:03 PM(edited)
Win ratio seems more important to me than K/D ratio.

edit: Ah, think I misread. You meant that was your K/D ratio in CoD. Nm, go about your pwnage or whatever.
#76niioPosted 10/3/2012 5:15:53 PM
Its because you all are for lack of a better term "tryhards". Its not because you came from COD its because you care so much about pointless numbers that you strive to become better at video games. So as long as there is K/D or W/L tracking you will always try your hardest to increase the spread of these pointless numbers.
---
Real Life has bad lag. It took Jesus 3 whole days to respawn. If that's not terrible lag I don't know what is.
#77WayavasPosted 10/3/2012 5:24:24 PM
teamworking
---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#78SkyzPosted 10/3/2012 5:30:14 PM
correlation is not causation
---
Skyz the limit. Try and Reach it.
#79pheonix_thiefPosted 10/3/2012 5:42:30 PM(edited)
noone369 posted...

Either the place where you study doesn't have that many lessons(forgot if there was a better word, it is f***ing late where i live and i am tired) as the university where i study or you don't sleep, which is impossible(My minimum is 4 hours each night but then i almost fall asleep in next day).

You mean contact hours? all of my lectures are uploaded (they work off lightpens which gets projected) as well as my contacts, and tutorials are the only thing i cant get to much.
4 units of: 3h lectures, 2h contacts, 1h tutes. Generally do all my lectures and stuff in the week and study on the weekend.
---
We must move forward, not backward, upward not forward,
and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.
#80xRustySpoonPosted 10/3/2012 5:42:53 PM
niio posted...
Its because you all are for lack of a better term "tryhards". Its not because you came from COD its because you care so much about pointless numbers that you strive to become better at video games. So as long as there is K/D or W/L tracking you will always try your hardest to increase the spread of these pointless numbers.

why do you care so much about us caring? people who care about scores tend to be rather competitive in real life. you know what i've noticed? all my friends who have been involved in sports since a relatively young age tend to be some of the more competitive people i know. i figure you're just some tubby neckbeard who never really got into that sort of thing. being fat has to suck :(

and lol @ talking about pointless numbers as you type out your message on a game message board
---
Get destroyed.
GT/Steam: xRustySpoon Follow these tips and you'll be fraggin' like a pro.