how to draaaven?

#1KeyBladeAcePosted 10/3/2012 8:31:01 PM
i just dont understand the mechanics of how to fight with him. I don't get how his axes bounce and how you are meant to fight with him because sometimes i need to back off and i miss the axes. is there a video of how to play as him or some pro guy showing how its done?
---
Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
#2SoljahPosted 10/3/2012 8:31:53 PM
the bounce to where you are about to walk to.
example: Click the target to attack and then click walking backwards, the axe will bounce back towards the path you are heading.
---
Your Friendly Monster Hunter Soljah
http://i.imgur.com/BzYfm.jpg
#3A_GameFAQs_altPosted 10/3/2012 8:34:49 PM
First, you have to catch the axes. That's very important.

Next, I think you press W every time you catch an axe. That's also important.

And the final tip, trying to catch axes in actual fights will probably get you killed so screw the axes. That's the most important of all!
---
Another alt on GameFAQs
#4HitomoshiPosted 10/3/2012 8:34:59 PM
How to Draven: Be Aphromoo
---
Hitomoshi|| Welcome to the internet, if you are female, be prepared to present proof- Jables
hmm no clue... that's a good idea
#5SoljahPosted 10/3/2012 8:36:37 PM
A_GameFAQs_alt posted...
First, you have to catch the axes. That's very important.

Next, I think you press W every time you catch an axe. That's also important.

And the final tip, trying to catch axes in actual fights will probably get you killed so screw the axes. That's the most important of all!

no, its not.
that can actually get you killed against so many people as they can see where you are going to go and BAM, skillshot is not so skillfull.
---
Your Friendly Monster Hunter Soljah
http://i.imgur.com/BzYfm.jpg
#6OwlRammerPosted 10/3/2012 8:45:29 PM

Only if it's obvious you shouldn't go to it, like if it's going right into the enemy team. Try to make them go into either places to make your positioning better or at the very least have it go backwards so you know it's going to be safe to catch. Unless the fight has already started. In that case, if you still have your E up, then you can afford to stand still and let the axe land on you, you can hit them and when they go to hit you, use your E to stun them for a sec to catch another axe and pop your W a second time to give you that attack speed. After that, drop the axe if you have to, catch if possible but remember being alive is better than being dead.
---
BlazBlue Continuum Shift - Main: Platinum Sub: Tager|OwlRammer for everything
MvC3 - Deadpool/Magneto/Spencer,X-23/Arthur/Spencer|Travian is awesome.
#7Dark_DcPosted 10/3/2012 8:47:38 PM
Use axes to farm at tower and practice influencing where they land. Learn when to catch and when not to. Also, don't underestimate their killing power. I've messed up tanks using Qs.

Save E for an escape OR use it to help disrupt in an initiate.

Use W for escaping and chasing, also practice using it whenever you catch an axe. Makes Drag and Baron SUPER fast.

Typically I use R at the start of a teamfight to give my team a small advantage (if I can send it through most of their team). Otherwise, you can snipe ONLY if you are confident. I think I have landed 5 snipes that secured a kill ever. Sure you may regret that straggler getting away, but not as much as losing the fight.

It is DEFINITELY worth it to at least do Q W Q W AA in a fight. Even those first two Qs and W procs give you a huge advantage over the enemy ADC and can be gamechanging. I personally catch as many as I can, because you can AA between axe throws anyways. Just gotta get good at stutter stepping.

A Q here and there in lane is also good early harass IF you can do it without exposing yourself.
---
The snozberries taste like snozberries!
LoL: dantheautomator
#8kanated123Posted 10/3/2012 8:47:42 PM
twitch.tv/aphromoo

Best Draven player.
#9Fenrir the WolfPosted 10/3/2012 8:56:11 PM
Hitomoshi posted...
How to Draven: Be Aphromoo

---
And then John was a zombie.
#10iMillatimePosted 10/3/2012 9:36:19 PM