Why are Korean gamers so ridiculously good?

#11MlREFOXPosted 10/4/2012 2:45:39 PM
Shuriko posted...
Because pro gamer status there is pretty much movie star status in the U.S.

People actually think this

I know it's a lot to ask for, but I really wish people would stop spewing ignorant BS on the Internet.

A resident troll telling people to stop spewing ignorant BS on the internet?
#12ZorlacPosted 10/4/2012 3:01:36 PM
Their culture doesn't see it as a waste of time to play games all day like most cultures do. They take it seriously, and even consider gaming a legit sport.
---
And The Vampire was all that remained on the blood drowned creation.
Xbox live Zorlac0666 Xfire-Zorlac666.
#13MlREFOXPosted 10/4/2012 3:06:15 PM
BurnumMaster posted...
because you play better when you have choose between playing good or starving to death.

Anyone so stupid that they don't know the difference between North and South Korea should not be allowed in public.
#14SmishhhPosted 10/4/2012 3:06:21 PM
When being a pro gamer is far more accepted/respectable more people will see it as a possible career choice. A larger pool of people will generally mean you can find higher talent eventually. And once the best they have to offer are found, they take it more seriously and have better support.
#15tgcidownsPosted 10/4/2012 3:08:41 PM
XcZeus3469 posted...
aHappySacka posted...
They take competitive games more seriously is all, and culture probably has to do with it as well.

This. Korean work ethic is something that can only be understood by those who have experienced it. You get up at 4-5am to get ready for work, and often finish at around 1-2am.

So Koreans get 2 hours of sleep? lol
---
ign: aog
#16nativespearPosted 10/4/2012 3:08:42 PM
BurnumMaster posted...
because you play better when you have choose between playing good or starving to death.

Anyone so stupid that they don't know the difference between North and South Korea should not be allowed in public.

pretty awful post

wanna try again, bud?
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/2400871_o.gif
#17MlREFOXPosted 10/4/2012 3:11:58 PM
nativespear posted...
BurnumMaster posted...

pretty awful post

wanna try again, bud?

Not at all. I stand by what I said.
#18XcZeus3469Posted 10/4/2012 3:53:50 PM
tgcidowns posted...
XcZeus3469 posted...
aHappySacka posted...
They take competitive games more seriously is all, and culture probably has to do with it as well.

This. Korean work ethic is something that can only be understood by those who have experienced it. You get up at 4-5am to get ready for work, and often finish at around 1-2am.

So Koreans get 2 hours of sleep? lol

They get about 5 if theyre lucky. They get short power snoozes in between schedules if they can. Listen to the interviews with the singers/entertainers, theyll tell you how the training and work is over there. Or be like me and have a friend from korea that you can shamelessly quote word for word
---
"I've been playing badly, but it's still enough to beat [Cruncher]"
-EGIdrA
#19AKAIcewolfPosted 10/4/2012 3:57:35 PM
NA teams like to slack off and stream a lot. While Koreans spend like 8 hours doing scrims with other teams and then they study their mistakes as well as other teams. They also have people that point out their mistakes so they can learn from it.

While NA teams often spend 1-2 hours a day if that on scrims and the other part on Solo Q. Also when they go to a event afterwards a lot of the teams take a break while Koreans keep on practicing
---
Gamertag: AKAIcewolf
LoL: Vysci
#20Hi2utooPosted 10/4/2012 3:59:26 PM
Unhealthy amounts of training. Like 16 hours a day. These are the type of players that die while playing video games. Look at some of the Western team gamers compared to the Koreans. The Koreans either look morbidly obese or anorexic. While players like HotshotGG are pretty much super models.
---
Jeremy Lin is going to bust harder than Greg Oden and he won't even have injuries as an excuse. He will be exposed as a terrible player.