Why are Korean gamers so ridiculously good?

#41CBratePosted 10/5/2012 10:09:52 PM
Friday night football, except replace football with SC2.
Yes, they do televise it.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 153 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: me3x12
#42HabnotPosted 10/5/2012 10:13:29 PM
CBrate posted...

Not quite as popular as the variety shows or when K league baseball or soccer is on.

There are two game channels but one of them tends to show older stuff.

Best thing about Korean television (other than boobies) was how the animation channel literally only showed seasons 3-10 Simpsons episodes and that I was able to watch a lot of HBO and similar service programs for no real cost.
---
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.
#43flyguy101Posted 10/6/2012 6:26:35 AM
Habnot posted...
CBrate posted...

Not quite as popular as the variety shows or when K league baseball or soccer is on.

There are two game channels but one of them tends to show older stuff.

Best thing about Korean television (other than boobies) was how the animation channel literally only showed seasons 3-10 Simpsons episodes and that I was able to watch a lot of HBO and similar service programs for no real cost.

I think you were in heaven and the sign accidentally said Korea. =O
---
http://theaffectiveperspective.blog.com/
Q.E.D.
#44shadyelfPosted 10/6/2012 6:35:05 AM
Koreans, and most people in Asia, are very hard working. That's it.
---
?
#45Yusuke001Posted 10/6/2012 6:39:33 AM
The same reason South Korea(or hell Asian countries in general) have far superior education then the U.S. Plain and simple, the quality of teachers and school systems in general are just better, not to mention culture plays a big part in it as well. America is all about the individual, where as Asian countries like South Korea and Japan are more "together". There are a lot of factors, but as people have said it pretty much comes downs work ethic. You'll find far less lazy Koreans then you will Americans when it comes to working.
---
PSN: LordAmon15
#46DontNouPosted 10/6/2012 6:55:14 AM
This. Korean work ethic is something that can only be understood by those who have experienced it. You get up at 4-5am to get ready for work, and often finish at around 1-2am.

No need to exaggerate now.
---
"Tide goes in, tide goes out, you can't explain that!" - Bill O'Reilly
#47supershadonicPosted 10/6/2012 7:21:09 AM
Because they dont trashtalk.
#48happyscrub1Posted 10/6/2012 7:24:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#49kanated123Posted 10/6/2012 7:30:17 AM
They're only ridiculously good compared to NA teams, because NA teams treat this game like it's just a hobby that gets them money, while teams from other regions (M5, CLG.eu, asians) treat it like a job.

TSM is one of the few exceptions. CLG.na is a joke atm.
#50jamesgray27Posted 10/6/2012 7:39:02 AM
BurnumMaster posted...
because you play better when you have choose between playing good or starving to death.

Korea, not China.