The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I think everyone should start in what's referred to as "elo hell."

#1Quiet_NoisePosted 10/5/2012 10:59:38 PM
I lost my first 8 games in ranked. Five of them were to disconnects and trolls. Three of those games were probably going to be a loss regardless. Of course, I focused only on unfavorable match up, rather than the fact I had been carried in one of my only two wins, the other of which we won a 4 v 5.

Ever since, I have fluctuated, as low as 930, as "high" as 1060. When I got to 1060, I thought to myself, "Finally. You're done with that garbage."

Then I fell. I fell so hard, and realized, holy ****, I am doing so bad in some of these games. Sure, some games I was doing everything like I was supposed to, but that high would happen. That sense that, "I'm doing fine, my teammates will do fine too."

Well they rarely did. And because of their inability to function as a team, my playstyle was just as much to blame. I'd get caught, no one would assist...and at first, I would rage at them, but then I'd watch the team fight afterwards and be like, "Man. I wish I was there."

So, after falling down to 890 elo, I took a step back, watched some of my games, and tried to find where I was going wrong. Now I'm playing smarter, safer, warding more, and encouraging my team. So, some advice from a n00b who's only really begun to raise their elo :

1) Fill whatever you need. People coming into ranked only knowing how to play one or two roles is pretty infuriating, but think about it; do you want someone who usually only plays top playing support? Do you really think he'll buy GP/5, ward, etc.?

2) Play "win big" champs that have a defining ultimate of some sort when it comes to team fights. Huge stuns like Amumu, Kennen, Malphite, Zyra, Orianna, and Sona are the best, and they fit any role, some of them multiple roles. Kayle, Zilean, Shen, and Alistar, when properly used, also fit this role; the first three can keep your AD carry in the game, and Alistar can let your team dive in situations that you should otherwise be fleeing from.

3) Watch your own game. When you die, think about why you die; did you put trust in another player? If you did, you're as wrong as they are "bad." You need to take care of yourself. Don't get caught. Don't "balls in" them at level 4 just because they're low and you're not. Don't be cocky, be smart. Be better. That's how you win.

4) If you're purple, ban Blitz. If you're blue, pick Blitz. If enemy team gets Blitz, dodge. Serious.

So yeah. Bring on the cool story bros, and I will gladly tell it again, gentlemen. TL;DR : Low elo forces you to reflect on your performance and improve.
#2aHappySackaPosted 10/5/2012 11:02:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gv0yY.png
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#3Perfect GokuPosted 10/5/2012 11:07:47 PM
aHappySacka posted...
http://i.imgur.com/gv0yY.png

Shut up grandma, you're not even supposed to have internet in the home we put you in.
---
Important Time Saving Tip: I've been using this name on the internet for 8 years now. I don't watch DBZ and haven't for several years now.
#4Is_CorruptedPosted 10/5/2012 11:10:28 PM
Shut up, Goku. We all know you lost against your wife at your 3rd martial arts tournament.
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#5Wrathchild91Posted 10/5/2012 11:11:16 PM
Yeah that low of an elo means you need to practice lol, sorry not trying to be a jerk but "elo hell" is inability to play the game well
#6GForceDragonPosted 10/5/2012 11:12:26 PM
How can people start in Elo hell if it doesn't exist?
---
Word on the street is that you have an opinion.
Now why on earth would you go and do something like that?
#7AgentRebornPosted 10/5/2012 11:16:46 PM
All Elo is hell, man
---
WATCHING JUAN CASTILLO'S QUALITY DEFENCE EXTINGUISH ELI'S DONG REMINDS ME THAT LITERALLY AN OL COACH AS DC WILL ALWAYS BE THE SUPERIOR FAD
#8DiortePosted 10/5/2012 11:18:23 PM
And here I am going "Man, I only need 109 more Elo to get gold, how much longer am I gonna be stuck with all these scrubs?" I feel you, TC.
---
In capitalist America, bank robs you!
#9BlocktopusPosted 10/5/2012 11:28:22 PM
This game is hell.
---
Be gone, evil forces, my soul is mine and I am alive!
#10ritz2Posted 10/6/2012 12:08:34 AM
Bcrank is a non issue. Prepare for invade and choose leona taric or ali support
---
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n521/Melonwaters/4524032.jpg