Is league of legends more important than your girlfriend?

#21TwoForTragedyPosted 10/6/2012 8:46:43 AM
yes
#22Suffer_NotPosted 10/6/2012 8:50:42 AM
Hypothetically, no, if you are in a committed relationship with someone then it is very selfish to focus more attention of satisfying your own boredom through playing video games rather than taking on responsibility and care for the blah blah blah.

If you are asking whether or league is more important to me specifically than my former girlfriend, the answer has been "yes" ever since I walked in on her in bed with my best friend wearing my favorite shirt (and nothing else). But then, I would consider a great many things to be more important than her now. Like looking up pictures of cats on the internet. Or watching paint dry. Or reading Shuriko topics.

Not that I am extremely bitter and hateful as a result of that entire debacle or anything, of course.
---
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/gejsiv/Ninetailsfoxladyedit.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#23dr_burger92Posted 10/6/2012 8:55:22 AM
I once turned down sex and played LoL. Yeah...
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/viewtiful_objection
Are you seriously asking if something is stupid about an economy made up out of hats?
#24Blbmbr666Posted 10/6/2012 8:56:38 AM
Suffer_Not posted...
Hypothetically, no, if you are in a committed relationship with someone then it is very selfish to focus more attention of satisfying your own boredom through playing video games rather than taking on responsibility and care for the blah blah blah.

If you are asking whether or league is more important to me specifically than my former girlfriend, the answer has been "yes" ever since I walked in on her in bed with my best friend wearing my favorite shirt (and nothing else). But then, I would consider a great many things to be more important than her now. Like looking up pictures of cats on the internet. Or watching paint dry. Or reading Shuriko topics.

Not that I am extremely bitter and hateful as a result of that entire debacle or anything, of course.

Was sad, until I read the Shuriko part. Then lulz.

Also, depending on the day, League can be more important.
---
League of Legends IGN: JOEYballsGOTTI
Dis is where I work: http://wakeup-world.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Corn_field.jpg
#25kittykat8662(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 9:06:44 AM
I'm not saying that I do not like that he plays league of legends. I'm happy he has a hobby he enjoys and that he is very good at it. What I am saying is that when there are things in our life that need to be dealt with, that are piling up and need to be done, I end up doing them alone by default. Because if they are not done, than things will get worse, and I cannot get him to stop playing. And I have played with him. I am not very good, but I have played with him and had fun.
#26SongstressCelaPosted 10/6/2012 9:09:29 AM
kittykat8662 posted...
I'm not saying that I do not like that he plays league of legends. I'm happy he has a hobby he enjoys and that he is very good at it. What I am saying is that when there are things in our life that need to be dealt with, that are piling up and need to be done, I end up doing them alone by default. Because if they are not done, than things will get worse, and I cannot get him to stop playing. And I have played with him. I am not very good, but I have played with him and had fun.

I know how you feel. My girlfriend is an obsessive gamer when it comes to single-player stuff and it's impossible to get her away from the PC to do anything. I wish I had more advice, but I'm still trying to figure out what to do with her about it. Nothing works. >_>
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Lovnaru/Photos/moxsign.jpg
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/AvalonBright
#27MagicSoulfire91Posted 10/6/2012 9:16:01 AM
supershadonic posted...
doesn't go against a single one of my wish

You are a liar or a kidnapping slave trader, as all women deliberately go against the wishes of all men at some point just for funsies.
---
"At least your girlfriend treats all of her subscribers equally instead of giving them special mounts for bringing their friends." - bob the fish.
#28Rookie_JetPosted 10/6/2012 9:19:03 AM
kittykat8662 posted...

Dump him.
#29Rookie_JetPosted 10/6/2012 9:39:06 AM
SongstressCela posted...
kittykat8662 posted...

I know how you feel. My girlfriend is an obsessive gamer when it comes to single-player stuff and it's impossible to get her away from the PC to do anything. I wish I had more advice, but I'm still trying to figure out what to do with her about it. Nothing works. >_>

I would try letting her know that you're in a relationship to be in a relationship and as it is right now, you don't feel that way because she's not spending very much time with you. Just request that she split her time up a little better between the things she loves (obviously, you should be included in that list). If she is unwilling to, she probably needs to take some time to fly solo for a while to mature because she clearly is not ready to be in a relationship and you don't need to be in a relationship in which your efforts are not reciprocated. It will only make you bitter and more so the longer you stay in it. Cut the cord now and if she decides later that she can actually handle being in a relationship, hopefully you're both a place at that time to try again.

That worked for my wife to get my attention for what I was doing to her. Fortunately, we settled it at the talk and didn't have to part ways at all. Now I spend lots of time with her when she's available (she's still in school and working so she gets pretty busy). On a day like Friday night where she's not working and not going to do any school work, we hang out for pretty much the whole night and then she goes to bed and I stay up to play the video games so doesn't play with me. The end result is usually that I only get like 5 or 6 hours of sleep since I end up staying up until 4 or 5 in the morning to get my fix, but at least I get to do everything I want :-)

Milleykins posted...
I don't have a boyfriend but if I did I wouldn't expect him to lose teamfights just to talk to my dumb butt. It's a competitive game, so yeah, it's important in many ways that normal games aren't.

Also, how do you not have a bf? Guys tend to love girls with low self-esteem. It's one thing to be understanding that you want to give him time to do his thing, but you don't need to simultaneously belittle yourself.
#30BlocktopusPosted 10/6/2012 9:44:49 AM(edited)
No lol. She's the one who introduced me to league, and by introduced, I mean bugged me to play with her for almost a year until I finally did.

She's better than me and plays more than me though, league really isn't important to me at all. I've spent some RP on it but I still prioritize many other things over it.

Suffer_Not posted...

Well that sucks :l
---
Be gone, evil forces, my soul is mine and I am alive!