M5 really disappointed me in their first set.

#1MlREFOXPosted 10/6/2012 8:30:04 AM
Yes, the games were exciting, yes they used fun champs, and yes, they won - but not with the M5 style I have come to love.

M5, more than any other team I have seen, including the Asian teams, have always had the ability to move as one. It is uncanny how coordinated they can be. In their two games yesterday, though, their coordination was off. They would engage haphazardly or get caught out far too often. They had some great individual effort, but I want to see the hive mind back in action today.
#2happyscrub1Posted 10/6/2012 8:34:32 AM
Their 1st match was hard. I like that IG team. They ALMOST owned azu frost... but threw the game by giving a free baron, then another baron. Even with 2 barons, the gold was near even. That shows you how much IG was owning the game.

That was the ONLY close match frost had so far. So if IG did that to them, that shows M5 had some good competition.
---
Question, how did world trade center building 7 (the -3rd- building to fall) collapse during 9/11? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnjIzamnJo
#3supershadonicPosted 10/6/2012 8:35:10 AM
So what's your secret, how do you win?

M5 leader: We just need broken champs.
#4Suffer_NotPosted 10/6/2012 8:40:54 AM
I dunno if I agree with that, m5's individual play yesterday was kinda terible and then they made up for it with their teamfight.

Like, I was cringing at the mistakes Alex Ich and Darien were making in lane. There were more than a few times that those mistakes directly led to their deaths and the death of Diamondprox which set them back. But then when teamfights started happening they stepped up their game and started working together and absolutely crushed IG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jle-PISBGyw&t=2m24s

Look at how they kept aggression off of Kog'Maw that fight. That's the m5 I've come to expect. Although game 2 was a much stronger example of their playstyle I feel.
---
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/gejsiv/Ninetailsfoxladyedit.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#5Camel-RiderPosted 10/6/2012 8:46:45 AM
M5, more than any other team I have seen, including the Asian teams, have always had the ability to move as one. It is uncanny how coordinated they can be. In their two games yesterday, though, their coordination was off. They would engage haphazardly or get caught out far too often. They had some great individual effort, but I want to see the hive mind back in action today.

That wouldnt work with their strategy at all in the first game.

1st game: Eve snowballed, and thats what they were hoping for. So you had Xin jump into the middle of the fight targetting cass, or ezreal. While everyone is close together, eve comes in, ults, and thats when xin ults to push everyone away, so that eve can isolate one of them, and burst them down.

Btw, while all this is happening, kog is eating away at anyone he can, with lee sin acting like his body guard. Anyone comes close? And he kicks him back to xin, who is literally keeping cass + ezreal out of the fight almost by himself. Zyra protected xin in a way, because while he is surrounded, she ults right under him, which, if they stay there to fight zin, they all get knocked up....

It was the most brilliant team fight strategy I have seen. It relied almost entirely though on eve being able to burst people down though.
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider
#6Camel-RiderPosted 10/6/2012 8:50:02 AM
Oh, and after watching that link, I realized that it also relied almost entirely on xin being disruptive. If they allowed ezreal or cass to do what they wanted, M5 had a hard time winning the fight.
---
#7happyscrub1Posted 10/6/2012 8:52:04 AM
That eve game was hard regardless of how you wanted to play that cause of yorick. A good yorick player on a 5 vs 5 team is tricky, plus it's cass too.

Even by bursting her down fast, they had to do EXTRA damage to get thru shen's shield and still have to deal with a DPS mage ghost. On paper, I would of thought eve would of been bad for that fight, but I was wrong.
---
Question, how did world trade center building 7 (the -3rd- building to fall) collapse during 9/11? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnjIzamnJo
#8Camel-RiderPosted 10/6/2012 8:55:44 AM
That eve game was hard regardless of how you wanted to play that cause of yorick. A good yorick player on a 5 vs 5 team is tricky, plus it's cass too.

Even by bursting her down fast, they had to do EXTRA damage to get thru shen's shield and still have to deal with a DPS mage ghost. On paper, I would of thought eve would of been bad for that fight, but I was wrong.

Eves positioning was usually always amazing. They usually didnt even see eve, until someone was isolated for her to burst down.
---
#9MlREFOX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 8:58:15 AM
I'm not saying that their team fights were bad necessarily, just that the coordination was not on par with their other games. I give all the credit in the world to Frost for making it hard for M5, but if I didn't know what teams were playing, I never would have guessed it was M5 I was watching. I simply found their signature cohesiveness to be lacking.
#10happyscrub1Posted 10/6/2012 8:59:38 AM
Holy crap. Look at the fight near baron in the vid. Eve comes from behind, gets her ult off. Then cass ults eve in the face, throws pool on her, and starts to DPS her. Eve comes out of stun and kills her.

Then I see eve still at 80% health?!?!!?!?!? Eve shield OP!
---