Need some Rengar help (build, masteries, etc.)

#1zero3nbaPosted 10/8/2012 2:56:20 PM
Just need some help figuring out a good build for solotop and jungle Rengar. Masteries and runes would be much appreciated.
---
But he's so smart and analytical, too. He could be a combination analyst and therapist. The world's first analrapist. - KMAnsem
#2SoIldSnlvyPosted 10/8/2012 2:58:27 PM
Start with 13 health potions

Rabadon's
Archangel's
Archangel's
Archangel's
Archangel's
Archangel's

Dunk hard
---
Official and Original Mountain-Eating Goddamn Aggron of the Black/White Boards
AKA Ninjaluffy/ Minecraft Name: Anaven
#3niioPosted 10/8/2012 3:55:50 PM
The key I think with rengar is to snowball hard and early. His kit is great for it. The only person who gives me a lot of trouble top is jayce.

AD marks and quints, armor seals, and mres glyphs. 21/9/0 masteries

I usually start with dorans blade or armor+pots vs jayce.

So my build usually goes,

Dorans
Boots
Brutalizer + avarice
Upgrade boots
BT
Yoomuu
PD
Sell yoomuu get IE
LW
Defensive item

Start q,e,w. Max E,W,Q in order and take points in R when possble.

Early game try to chip away with E, to set up for a QQ kill. Mid game should be gibbing the carry or any squishy who is out of position or alone. Late game you'll want to take out the carry once the fight starts. If you try to initiate you'll die instantly lol. Remember your ult is very low CD and to take advantage of it as much as possible since it generates fury. Other than that just be smart and know what you can't and can handle.
---
Real Life has bad lag. It took Jesus 3 whole days to respawn. If that's not terrible lag I don't know what is.
#4Bail_TaviraPosted 10/8/2012 4:12:35 PM
Don't make the mistake of building tanky. Build him like a psuedo-AD carry and assassinate theirs.

Boots
Bonetooth
Bloodthirster
IE
Maw of Malmortious
Either GA if you need it or another offensive item if you're wrecking.

If you build him like a bruiser, he won't be able to s*** out enough damage to quickly rid them of their APC/ADC.
#5shadyelfPosted 10/8/2012 4:17:29 PM
Why max E first?
---
?
#6Jordo_dPosted 10/8/2012 4:29:18 PM
shadyelf posted...
Why max E first?

Early game try to chip away with E, to set up for a QQ kill. Mid game should be gibbing the carry or any squishy who is out of position or alone. Late game you'll want to take out the carry once the fight starts. If you try to initiate you'll die instantly lol. Remember your ult is very low CD and to take advantage of it as much as possible since it generates fury. Other than that just be smart and know what you can't and can handle.