why hasn't there been a black character in LoL yet

#71MegaWentEvilPosted 10/9/2012 4:05:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#72myg0t_stk(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 4:05:40 PM
MegaWentEvil posted...
I don't accept apologies, myg0t_stk, I simply can't believe in redemption. So, your sorry was DENIED!

k
#73joonyoungiePosted 10/9/2012 4:17:33 PM
Because black people whine about racism. Let me give you an example. Lets say for instance voice overs....
Lee Sin: foce is meaninress widout skiw
Asian poeple: (doesn't even care about the voice) OMG if they give this guy a Bruce Lee skin...
OMG THEY GAVE HIM A BRUCE LEE SKIN!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH TAKE MY MONIES!
Fiora: such unwefline stile
French Canadians: haha that voice over is so bad we don't sound like that.
Some Black Champion: Lets get down to bidness
African Americans: WTF is this racist a** s*** good thing i got NAACP on speed dial

I can understand why Riot doesn't want to touch that with a 20 foot pole.

Also Myrmidon Pantheon is very black and Nasus seems to be Egyptian inspired.
---
Caitlyn main. ***** what the haters say
#74Suffer_NotPosted 10/9/2012 4:42:49 PM
There are no black people because the equatorial range where they would have developed as a people was completely destroyed in the prologue to the game's story. If you look at the continent where the League takes place, the southern coast is filled with plague jungles and blasted wastes; any cultures that could have lived there have long been extinct. As such, the only "black" champion is Xerath, since he's from Shurima aka Egypt. And he;'s mostly dead as it is with everyone he knows and loves also being dead.

Well, I guess you can also count Nasus and Renekton since they are also clearly some flavor of Egyptian, but they're imported rather than being homegrown.
---
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/gejsiv/Ninetailsfoxladyedit.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#75myg0t_stk(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 9:50:54 PM
Suffer_Not posted...
There are no black people because the equatorial range where they would have developed as a people was completely destroyed in the prologue to the game's story. If you look at the continent where the League takes place, the southern coast is filled with plague jungles and blasted wastes; any cultures that could have lived there have long been extinct. As such, the only "black" champion is Xerath, since he's from Shurima aka Egypt. And he;'s mostly dead as it is with everyone he knows and loves also being dead.

Well, I guess you can also count Nasus and Renekton since they are also clearly some flavor of Egyptian, but they're imported rather than being homegrown.

sorry but i do not understand you
#76BelligeroPosted 10/9/2012 10:31:34 PM
Karma is black.
---
Humbug.
League Name: Belligero
#77The_nibletPosted 10/9/2012 10:42:09 PM
best topic on this board right just saying.
---
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4723/mudcrabkill.png
#78EphidelPosted 10/9/2012 11:24:36 PM
I just took a look at the Human Ryze model and was surprised to see that he's actually white there. Never noticed that before. It's strange because he doesn't look at all like he does in the splash art.
---
When you close your eyes, I disappear.
http://i.imgur.com/BParF.gif
#79J_BeastleyPosted 10/9/2012 11:46:28 PM
Pantheon is Greek, brolaf.
---
Meh.
#80MindManipulatorPosted 10/9/2012 11:59:18 PM(edited)
because nowhere in runeterra mimics the environmental factors that africa has

upon further exception, the closest place seems to be Kumungu, which is depicted with palm trees and a desert like climate, which seems to suggest a more mediterranean sea than savanna region. but we heard very little of this location yet so only time will tell.
---
Ah man, read that as MathMurderer- PepTheGreat