Sunfire is a bad item always

#81g-cube_mastaPosted 10/9/2012 5:00:50 PM
If you want to keep throwing around 1000 elo insults as an argument then here is a counter argument:

Tons of high elo and professional players buy it. Look up a few:

LgN Cruzer
WingsofDeathX

M5's Darien (who happens to be on the team that is in the final four for the Season 2 championship).

So if you want to go by highest Elo decides on Sunfire's viability then you lose.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board Heart Platinum Champion~
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll249/_GCM_/Brandsig.png
#82AgentRebornPosted 10/9/2012 5:05:53 PM
Its a good item on some tanks.

Sub optimal on others
---
WATCHING JUAN CASTILLO'S QUALITY DEFENCE EXTINGUISH ELI'S DONG REMINDS ME THAT LITERALLY AN OL COACH AS DC WILL ALWAYS BE THE SUPERIOR FAD
#83Rising ChaosPosted 10/9/2012 6:43:58 PM
The defensive stats suck but you're basically paying 800g for 35 damage, which last I checked was pretty good when you'd otherwise be paying e.g. 1650g for 45 AD or 1600g for 80 AP. As a minor offensive boost to otherwise tanky builds, where you don't have a bunch of other offensive stats to multiply the value of getting AD or AP, that's a bargain even before considering that it's also AoE.

Sunfire is still a bad item because it automatically aggros stuff when you don't want it to. Jungle creeps aren't a big deal, though they can block some champions' skillshots, but not being able to hit a turret or clear Baron wards is pretty annoying.
---
"Pokey and the man."
#84dennis941012Posted 10/9/2012 6:55:32 PM
Extension_Force posted...
g-cube_masta posted...
You're confusing cost inefficient for bad.

The item is fine and has its uses.

It is great on Shen.

Also the damage mid game is actually really high. As a first/second item it is really noticeable how much damage it contributes. People don't first item MR that often and if they are you were winning the lane anyways.

Randuin's/FH are better in most situations but for some champs Sunfire is fine.

it should never be getting built as a first/second item on anyone though. sunfire + any other item is going to be inferior to warmogs/GA/Randuins/FH etc.

and its not that having it is going to hurt your champ or be completely useless, but the reason it is so useless is because it is NEVER the best choice

You argue with gcube? GET OUT OF HERE!
---
<("<) <(' ')> (>")> <(' ')> <("<) <(' ')> (>")> <(' ')>
#85profDEADPOOLPosted 10/10/2012 4:57:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#86SlaynPosted 10/10/2012 5:00:10 AM
Rihawf posted...
It gives a lot of armor and armor on one slot, it's good.

completely irrelevant until super lategame when you have a full build, and by then the aoe damage will mean absolutely nothing

i seriously didnt understand how people think this is a good item, then i remembered i'm on the gamefaqs board where the average elo is probably 1100

Why don't you do us all a small favor, post your IGN before this thread continues any further.
#87FrostMage82Posted 10/10/2012 9:44:48 AM
Slayn posted...
Rihawf posted...
It gives a lot of armor and armor on one slot, it's good.

completely irrelevant until super lategame when you have a full build, and by then the aoe damage will mean absolutely nothing

i seriously didnt understand how people think this is a good item, then i remembered i'm on the gamefaqs board where the average elo is probably 1100

Why don't you do us all a small favor, post your IGN before this thread continues any further.

He posted it today, apparently he just got Gold right now
---
"You can call us Aaron Burr from the way we're droppin' Hamiltons!" - The Lonely Island
#88thecrazyfrogPosted 10/10/2012 10:04:51 AM
The problem is that the passive is magic, but very few tanks have the opportunity to run mpen runes.
#89bloodymazePosted 10/10/2012 10:05:54 AM
b0omstick posted...
remembering the good old days when you could stack it..... Garen soooo OP

Flamer Garen build FTW -- Atmas with these capes + spin to win = death tornado. -- If by some miracle you survive, you get ulted, then you die.