Does Nasus counter Jayce early-mid game?

#1legendarylemurPosted 10/18/2012 1:44:18 PM
Might be a stupid question, but Nasus can zone Jayce pretty easily and farm minions much faster than him. With junglers of equal caliber, Nasus can disengage as well as Jayce, poke better than Jayce can just by hiding behind minions. If he gets too close, just slow DoT him. I feel as though a good Nasus player can theoretically outplay a good Jayce player. What do you guys think? The only bad thing is how quickly Nasus falls off and Jayce starts dominating him, but at least you'll slow Jayce down for the rest of your team as you act as a tank the rest of the game.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
Official legendarylemur. Totally real
#2Camel-RiderPosted 10/18/2012 1:45:11 PM
Nasus has no tools to be able to do anything to Jayce.
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider
#3SoIldSnlvyPosted 10/18/2012 1:46:14 PM
He counters Jayce even harder than he counters Yorick.
---
Official and Original Mountain-Eating Goddamn Aggron of the Black/White Boards
AKA Ninjaluffy/ Minecraft Name: Anaven
#4DepressedOtterPosted 10/18/2012 1:47:24 PM
legendarylemur posted...
Nasus can zone Jayce pretty easily and farm minions much faster than him.
poke better than Jayce
I feel as though a good Nasus player can theoretically outplay a good Jayce player.

uhh
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ThatRavage
http://i.imgur.com/8xkwd.png
#5Ep1c_WinPosted 10/18/2012 1:48:34 PM
Nasus gets completely stomped into the ground by any half competent Jayce player.
---
Lets Go Buffalo!
PSN and LoL ign: Mynamesbob8
#6centurion911Posted 10/18/2012 1:48:48 PM
legendarylemur posted...
The only bad thing is how quickly Nasus falls off .

What game are you playing?
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#7legendarylemur(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2012 1:49:15 PM
That's just how I felt. Jayce doesn't seem to do well against champions that can easily chip his health down and slowing him. Jayce doesn't really do well against a rare Teemo top as well.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
Official legendarylemur. Totally real
#8Ep1c_WinPosted 10/18/2012 1:56:26 PM
legendarylemur posted...
That's just how I felt. Jayce doesn't seem to do well against champions that can easily chip his health down and slowing him. Jayce doesn't really do well against a rare Teemo top as well.

Jayce has a gap closer and two skills that speed him up. If he wants to get to Nasus he will. You come in to take ONE cs and you're getting QEREQ'd and a good chunk of your health bar will be missing. Come in to take another? You're dead. Call your jungler? lolgate away. Come back with more items than you. Zone you again.

Jayce has no sustain but he has more than enough damage to keep Nasus far away from the creep wave. All he has to do is freeze the lane near tower and zone you to death.
---
Lets Go Buffalo!
PSN and LoL ign: Mynamesbob8
#9centurion911Posted 10/18/2012 1:57:48 PM
legendarylemur posted...

Nasus's Q makes him one of the hardest scaling champs in the game, Jayce falls off later about 10x more than Nasus does.

Nasus doesn't do well against champs that can dictate the pace of trades and can kite him.

If Jayce wants to engage he can use Hammer form Q to gap close on Nasus, if Nasus Withers him then Jayce can just E to get the high damage from it. When Wither is down then Jayce can just shoot Nasus and Nasus will be unable to do anything.

Nasus shouldn't get ANY cs vs a good Jayce
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."