Wukong runes: Armor pen or AD?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Wukong runes: Armor pen or AD?

User Info: Frostshock

Frostshock
4 years ago#11
Wukong has armour reduction, which is applied before penetration.

Flat is still applied before percentage in both cases, but they don't interfere here.
You have fought well, giant clam. Prepare to be vanquished!
Contacts in Profile

User Info: GForceDragon

GForceDragon
4 years ago#12
And now I know!

Still prefer AD though.
"When this horse hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious ****." - Voidgolem

User Info: Iamkukuyou

Iamkukuyou
4 years ago#13
I am using ad rune because i usually get a last whisper by around 25 mins (after building mallet and hexdrinker or atmas). AD helps immensely with your last-hit and as we all know, WK isn't that exceptional of a early-gamer, he certainly can't out-trade most viable bruisers in lane.

I would just let them push to my side while farming/last hitting safely under the protection of my tower. If it's a matchup you know you can win, then take armor pen, otherwise i would just stick to ad rune, farm safely and get a lw by 25 mins.

User Info: thecrossnkight

thecrossnkight
4 years ago#14
arpen all the way, 19-11-0 masteries
rush ghostblade + frozen mallet

Run around dealing true damage to anything under 100 armor.
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.

User Info: CyborgSage00x0

CyborgSage00x0
4 years ago#15
That is correct. However, Wukong's Q applies % reduction, not penetration, which is applied before everything else.

This. people get confused that AD reduction is NOT the same as Last Whisper, which is penetration.

Using Armor Pen. is a must. With my rune set, and Youmuus and Brutiliser, I cap at 66 armor pen. You want this because it scales better with his Q, and it makes his ult cut through everything. Plus, stacking armor is common.
Steelers: 2-3 Next: Bungles. Currently playing: Borderlands 2, LoL, Super Mario 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising.

User Info: Kagerasu

Kagerasu
4 years ago#16
Armor pen makes Wukong a nuke machine like old Jax. Only doesn't have that 1v5 power.

User Info: Blizzard09

Blizzard09
4 years ago#17
AD....
Mods = Kids to young for this board.

User Info: happyscrub1

happyscrub1
4 years ago#18
Iamkukuyou posted...
and as we all know, WK isn't that exceptional of a early-gamer, he certainly can't out-trade most viable bruisers in lane.

Low elo detected.
Question, how did world trade center building 7 (the -3rd- building to fall) collapse during 9/11? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnjIzamnJo
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Wukong runes: Armor pen or AD?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived