Can Garen counter Darius?

#1MishimaBloodPosted 10/24/2012 6:39:59 AM
Just thought of it.. Garen doesnt have darius's damage but he has big health regen.. Their Ulties are kind of the same also..
#2FrostMage82Posted 10/24/2012 6:43:43 AM
Garen dunks on Darius pretty hard any time I've seen the matchup. Spinning = winning against Darius, just wait until he decides to engage, or if you spin a wave of minions back off for the CD.
---
Signature goes here.
#3hawkeye2188Posted 10/24/2012 6:43:55 AM
I guess, I've never had a problem with Darius, just stay out of range of pull or if you get in range make sure to Q him so you can get away before he nabs you. I don't know if I would call it a counter because I've never really won/dominated lane against a Darius as Garen but I suck so. For me when I play as Garen vs Darius, I consider it a stalemate.
---
GT: hawkeye2188
#4Arken101Posted 10/24/2012 6:47:30 AM
MishimaBlood posted...
Just thought of it.. Garen doesnt have darius's damage but he has big health regen.. Their Ulties are kind of the same also..

Build a brutalizer and Level E. Suddenly you're doing 646 damage over 3 seconds at level 7.
---
CheeseItBaggins- "I found a great build for Twitch as AD Carry. I just lock in Tristana and do better."
#5SlaynPosted 10/24/2012 6:52:10 AM
Darius hardcounters Garen. His passive makes Garen's passive not kick in for another 5 seconds, and his ult is true damage, right through Garen's armor.
#6ManchineelTreePosted 10/24/2012 7:25:15 AM
Slayn posted...
Darius hardcounters Garen. His passive makes Garen's passive not kick in for another 5 seconds, and his ult is true damage, right through Garen's armor.

Someone has never played the lane...
---
Pokemon White FC: 0561-6063-7844
#7AjackrabbitPosted 10/24/2012 8:01:43 AM
Recently I"ve picked up garen, He seems to demolish any lane except teemo. If you're losing it sounds stupid but this works.

route 1 (you're winning)--2 dorans blades proceed to snowball lane
route 2 (you're losing)--2 dorans shields proceed to snowball lane

I actually thought this was the dumbest thing i've ever thought of, then i did it....

I had a jungler turret dive a rengar at lvl 2, then their jungler ganked, putting me behind 0/2 to rengar UGH, my jungler and their jungler repeated 2 mins later. I went double dshield, proceeded to win lane. garen is super strong, people haven't gotten around to realizing that he builds IE and whisper (too much dmg) and the rest tanky (FON,Randuins etc... and wins most games (when hes not super kited).
#8Dragonfable101Posted 10/24/2012 8:03:34 AM
Garen is great in laning phase against most champs, but Rengar and Teemo crap all over him.
---
Remember that failure only occurs the moment you've decided you will no longer strive for success.
- Lysamus
#9AjackrabbitPosted 10/24/2012 8:04:32 AM
2 dshield garen, craps on rengar, read previous example, try it. proceed to go wtf....
#10ssj4supervegetaPosted 10/24/2012 8:04:57 AM
double dorans shields shuts down darius for a while ;o j/s

but yeah i can see this working. garens ult and darius ult are both execution but garens doesnt need stacks of anything.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!