Why does everyone hate darius?

#21DiplomacySCPosted 10/24/2012 8:17:09 AM
Only thing I hate is that you can shut him down in lane and he can ks once or twice in teamfights and start to catch up. I've had a Darius I laned against go 0/2 with 40 cs during laning, then at a teamfight 20 minutes in he gets 2 kills with his ult before dying and he was somewhat back into the game.
#22ohnoitslueshiPosted 10/24/2012 8:18:26 AM
It's not because he's particularly difficult to play against (he's not, you just can't get away with blindly charging at him most of the time) but because a). he feeds off of stupid players and can easily snowball out of control if you have even one idiot teammate, and b). he brings on some of the worst CoD K/D > all, "fk u killsteal noob now i feed/afk" behavior around thanks to his ult.
---
"No more silly faces."
#23KirbixPosted 10/24/2012 8:19:36 AM
hawkeye2188 posted...
Kirbix posted...
Enemy champs hate Darius because his Ult allows him to win duels that no other champion could win
Ally champs hate Darius because most of them will chain ults together in team fights and wind up with 60-70% of the kills on your team.

So would you rather Darius just auto attack and use QWE in team fights then and risk not killing their entire team so the kills can go to the ADC or distributed evenly amongst the team? When I'm in a team fight, I couldn't care less if the support got a Penta as long as they are dying.

EDIT: Sorry don't mean to direct this at you, just general question for people who use that as their excuse for not liking an Ally Darius.

The problem is it doesn't break down that way most times- its not typically darius ulting a guy who probably would have gotten away. Instead, darius takes the 2-3 kills that the carry would have easily secured and completely robs the kill from the carry. So yeah, I'd rather have riven or irelia focus down the carry or have wukong hit the entire team to assist on the kills instead of stealing them.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#24MizunoRyuuPosted 10/24/2012 8:25:20 AM
He's a melee Teemo who can use Cho'Gath's ult repeatedly over the course of a teamfight. He's annoying to play against, and even more annoying to play as. His kit just doesn't function. I mean, whose bright idea was it to give him armour penetration and then make him a tank whose only damage sources are magic and true?
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#25SpacefrisianPosted 10/24/2012 8:28:25 AM
Dark_Oni12398 posted...
He is very easy to play and very strong, IE he is the new Tryndamere until people learn to play against him and thus make him useless.

Its more that most peeps dont believe that he is easily countered, to stuck up in the "Kayle is a support champion" crap and such.
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.
#26shadyelfPosted 10/24/2012 8:29:07 AM
I don't really hate him. I've beaten him as Akali. Just played safe and occasionally traded. Did more damage than him somehow.
---
?
#27VegerunksPosted 10/24/2012 8:37:44 AM
People hate him because they don't know how to counter him.
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide
#28hawkeye2188Posted 10/24/2012 8:47:38 AM
Kirbix posted...
hawkeye2188 posted...
Kirbix posted...
Enemy champs hate Darius because his Ult allows him to win duels that no other champion could win
Ally champs hate Darius because most of them will chain ults together in team fights and wind up with 60-70% of the kills on your team.

So would you rather Darius just auto attack and use QWE in team fights then and risk not killing their entire team so the kills can go to the ADC or distributed evenly amongst the team? When I'm in a team fight, I couldn't care less if the support got a Penta as long as they are dying.

EDIT: Sorry don't mean to direct this at you, just general question for people who use that as their excuse for not liking an Ally Darius.

The problem is it doesn't break down that way most times- its not typically darius ulting a guy who probably would have gotten away. Instead, darius takes the 2-3 kills that the carry would have easily secured and completely robs the kill from the carry. So yeah, I'd rather have riven or irelia focus down the carry or have wukong hit the entire team to assist on the kills instead of stealing them.

Point taken.
---
GT: hawkeye2188
#29Blizzard09Posted 10/24/2012 8:48:23 AM
Vegerunks posted...

That has nothing to do it... You can't counter his ults true damage. That can take out a easy 1500-2000K damage to a tank. Thats why they hate him.

Its the only thing that makes him viable as the rest of his kite is blah at best.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#30ohnoitslueshiPosted 10/24/2012 10:22:37 AM(edited)
Blizzard09 posted...
Vegerunks posted...

That has nothing to do it... You can't counter his ults true damage. That can take out a easy 1500-2000K damage to a tank. Thats why they hate him.

Its the only thing that makes him viable as the rest of his kite is blah at best.

First off, if Darius is doing that much damage with his ult, you kind of deserve to lose for feeding him that much and allowing him to keep full BT and SotO stacks, as your average Darius WILL NOT be hitting anywhere near that hard with his ult even with full passive stacks. Also, you obviously just let him have his way instead of kicking his pathetically squishy ass, so you deserve to lose even more. Pros pick Darius here and there because he counters some common tops and jungles and can easily become a pretty nasty semicarry. Pubs pick him because he feeds off of idiots.
---
"No more silly faces."