So why is Zyra not used at mid more?

#11TheSchrefPosted 10/24/2012 7:57:31 PM
Amazing champ, but can be extremely frustrating to play when your team feeds a bunch of tanky bruisers and they spend the entire game 3 shotting you.

If you have a good team that can protect you though, she is my favorite mid.
#12DiplomacySCPosted 10/24/2012 8:02:01 PM
You need some 140-ish AP more to do the same damage as pre-nerf, I believe? It wasn't a small nerf.

She's still good, but not as good as she was.
#13oKillerkidPosted 10/24/2012 8:03:18 PM
People only play champs where the pros do.
---
Hopefully you see the palindrome.
LoL IGN: V0MITSPIT / XBL: Mmmmmmm Food
#14Blizzard09Posted 10/24/2012 8:12:22 PM
She took the hardest nerf that has been handed out to any champ so far. She was burst and safe. Took away bursty and made her less safe. They hit 2 of the 3 things she was good at leaving her CC to be played as support.

She is still okay mid. But every mid can out burst her. You can let Zyra farm her face off and still laugh at the damage that comes out compared to any other mids damage. Other mids have much better escapes with faster movement speed. (Zyra can still be great in the hands of someone that knows how to play her though)

She is much better as a support for the snare,Slow, and pop up she has to offer. I play both mid and support with her.

Her mid is all about getting them down with snare and pants till you force them out of lane or you can smash what health they have left down.

Her support is much to strong as she can out damage other supports, out CC other supports for the most part and well you focus her first rather then AD carry and you get true damage passive to the face and the carry once again cleans up.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#15RaytheRulerPosted 10/24/2012 8:29:28 PM
People were scared off by the nerfs, which really didn't hurt my Zyra play at all but I could see why lesser skilled users may have dropped her afterwards.

She's also one of those mids that's prone to death if positioned poorly or focused well. The trick is to turning their straight out focus on you against them by throwing out a full combo rotation before death. If placed well, your combo should provide enough damage and utility for your team to collapse on them and win the teamfight easily. Practically though, you want to stay back and pelt them with skills and plants until the opportunity to ult 3-5 of them presents itself, either that or assassinate the opposing carry with a single skill rotation. The mistake is trying to build survivability on Zyra, a la RoA, bad bad bad. Full damage or at least get Rylai's for the extra utility. Zyra is gonna be as squishy as a karthus no matter how you build her; get the damage and destroy your enemies.

If I can get a Kat free mid lane in ranked play, I usually insta lock Zyra unless the matchup better favours a different mid I can run. She's just that strong. But the less opposing Zyra's the better imo, much prefer she stay under the radar.
#16FlameLord23Posted 10/24/2012 8:31:53 PM
I still see so many zyra's in mid. It's one of the more common ones I see actually.
---
Violence is never the answer.
Because the answer is always Vlad.
#17Blizzard09Posted 10/25/2012 2:57:52 PM
RaytheRuler posted...
People were scared off by the nerfs, which really didn't hurt my Zyra play at all but I could see why lesser skilled users may have dropped her afterwards.

She's also one of those mids that's prone to death if positioned poorly or focused well. The trick is to turning their straight out focus on you against them by throwing out a full combo rotation before death. If placed well, your combo should provide enough damage and utility for your team to collapse on them and win the teamfight easily. Practically though, you want to stay back and pelt them with skills and plants until the opportunity to ult 3-5 of them presents itself, either that or assassinate the opposing carry with a single skill rotation. The mistake is trying to build survivability on Zyra, a la RoA, bad bad bad. Full damage or at least get Rylai's for the extra utility. Zyra is gonna be as squishy as a karthus no matter how you build her; get the damage and destroy your enemies.

If I can get a Kat free mid lane in ranked play, I usually insta lock Zyra unless the matchup better favours a different mid I can run. She's just that strong. But the less opposing Zyra's the better imo, much prefer she stay under the radar.

As a Zyra player just wondering what you go for build when mid? I go boots 3 bots, get sorcs boots, then oddly I find myself getting abyss for the MR so can survive the combo from other mids, then I go full out AP, building Deathcap, Zhonya,s (now if I find I am being focused I pick up a Rylai;s, but hardly find that is the case.) I will also get a early kages for the extra gold if needed.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.