WTF is World of Tanks?

#1RaverbasherPosted 10/26/2012 6:41:57 AM
They beat LoL to no.1 for MMO in Golden Joystick awards.

Didn't realise LoL was an MMO.
---
Virginity is not virtue,
it's just lack of opportunity.
#2SomnambulisticPosted 10/26/2012 6:44:05 AM
It's not.
---
Ab-so-lutely.
#3Colonel_SnitskyPosted 10/26/2012 6:46:54 AM
You have a tank, you fight, you modify your tank to pew pew harder and faster, you earn points to upgrade your tank moar (or spent real money on it), only to pew pew harder and faster.

tl;dr Boring tank festival.
---
Currently playing: LoL, WoW: MoP, RE6
#1 Yordle hunter >_>
#4quanticdreamPosted 10/26/2012 7:07:10 AM
Colonel_Snitsky posted...
You have a tank, you fight, you modify your tank to pew pew harder and faster, you earn points to upgrade your tank moar (or spent real money on it), only to pew pew harder and faster.

You have a champion, you fight, you modify your champion with runes to pew pew harder and faster, you earn points to upgrade your champion moar (or spend real money on it), only to per per harder and faster...

tl;dr where could I see it before....
#5Dragonfable101Posted 10/26/2012 7:09:30 AM
It's basically LoL but Mundo is the only Champ.
---
Remember that failure only occurs the moment you've decided you will no longer strive for success.
- Lysamus
#6NaxochilsPosted 10/26/2012 7:11:37 AM
Dragonfable101 posted...
It's basically LoL but Mundo is the only Champ.

I'd play it.
---
"But if i bootypooty when i don't have to bootypooty it might result in a bootydoody. And you don't want that on your mouth." - Meatwad
#7_Yag_Posted 10/26/2012 7:12:53 AM
ElderPredator12 posted...
It's not.

uhhh.....yes it is. its not an MMORPG, but its absolutely an MMO game
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P
#8quanticdreamPosted 10/26/2012 7:13:57 AM
It's as much of an RPG as Diablo 3 is... so it IS MMORPG
#9Village IdiotPosted 10/26/2012 7:14:01 AM
I'd play it if it wasn't Pay 2 Win.

Seriously, you can buy special ammo in the store that gives your shots armor penetration.

Its like paying for ammo in a Quake game that allows you to ignore the enemy's armor and directly hit their Health.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#10Raverbasher(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2012 7:15:05 AM
Colonel_Snitsky posted...

You have a champion, you fight, you modify your champion with runes to pew pew harder and faster, you earn points to upgrade your champion moar (or spend real money on it), only to per per harder and faster...

tl;dr where could I see it before....

Well, not really..... LoL isn't pay to win. And earning points is only relevant if points = gold. But there are no points outside of matches to upgrade champs with.

Also, b******* stole my 10 win IP boost. I take it a lot of Russians play WoT? There seemed to be plenty of Russians going WoT! in the stream chat.
---
Virginity is not virtue,
it's just lack of opportunity.