WTF is World of Tanks?

#11Dimitri231Posted 10/26/2012 7:36:19 AM
Raverbasher posted...

Well, not really..... LoL isn't pay to win. And earning points is only relevant if points = gold. But there are no points outside of matches to upgrade champs with.

Also, b******* stole my 10 win IP boost. I take it a lot of Russians play WoT? There seemed to be plenty of Russians going WoT! in the stream chat.

IP for Runes...........................
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this in your signature.
MH3:Leon
#12MlREFOXPosted 10/26/2012 7:41:39 AM
_Yag_ posted...
ElderPredator12 posted...
It's not.

uhhh.....yes it is. its not an MMORPG, but its absolutely an MMO game

So 5v5 max is massive now?

I swear, this stupid statement pops up all the time and I don't know why people can't comprehend the difference between games with persistent servers that allow massive populations versus online games with lobbies.
#13ineedaname88Posted 10/26/2012 7:45:10 AM
MlREFOX posted...
_Yag_ posted...
It's not.

I swear, this stupid statement pops up all the time and I don't know why people can't comprehend the difference between games with persistent servers that allow massive populations versus online games with lobbies.

I know, that's almost like saying CoD is an MMO because a lot of people play it.....People need to reeducate themselves with terms before they start using them.
---
Go big or go home broke. Bro-ski.
#14Dragonfable101Posted 10/26/2012 8:07:53 AM
ineedaname88 posted...
MlREFOX posted...
_Yag_ posted...
It's not.

I know, that's almost like saying CoD is an MMO because a lot of people play it.....People need to reeducate themselves with terms before they start using them.

Word
---
Remember that failure only occurs the moment you've decided you will no longer strive for success.
- Lysamus
#15SoraOwnsAllPosted 10/26/2012 8:14:44 AM
I'd play it if it wasn't Pay 2 Win.

Seriously, you can buy special ammo in the store that gives your shots armor penetration.

Its like paying for ammo in a Quake game that allows you to ignore the enemy's armor and directly hit their Health.

I'd play it if every game wasn't sitting still for 20-40 minutes waiting for somebody to move.

Or did they finally fix that?
---
"I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
#16Dragonfable101Posted 10/26/2012 8:16:21 AM
Naxochils posted...
Dragonfable101 posted...
It's basically LoL but Mundo is the only Champ.

I'd play it.

Apparently there's this other game called League of Draven, too.

One of the Gamefaqs posters is representing it on LoL all the time.

He's known as LOD.
---
Remember that failure only occurs the moment you've decided you will no longer strive for success.
- Lysamus
#17_Yag_Posted 10/27/2012 5:21:07 AM
Dragonfable101 posted...
ineedaname88 posted...
MlREFOX posted...
_Yag_ posted...
It's not.

Word

yeah well you can't categorize it as a MOBA for comparison purposes for things like the golden joystick awards cuz theres like 5 MOBAs total, and although its 5v5 max it is listed under MMOs on MMORPG.com and pretty much every other MMO listing site out there so I guess way more people would agree with me than you :/

not only that, if League isn't an MMO then neither is world of tanks. the difference between 5v5 and 60v60 means nothing in the scope of MMO.
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P