How do you play Elise? What do you build?

#1TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 10/26/2012 8:50:44 PM
I've been trying Elise all day and I'm still trying to figure how to play and what to build.

She has meh movement speed, her attacks speed is low, and she's really squishy, so I figured straight bursty AP would be best, although I experimented with AS with Malady and Nashor Tooth(?). I got it so using W in spider form her AS was 2.5, but the damage was crappy.

The best success I had was going all AP. I would poke with W in human form, then when the engage actually happens E in human form to stun, Q, W, spider form, Q, W. It worked fairly well, but it was so easy to blow up and she's soooo slow with no real escape after doing that combo. There must be a better way?

Playing this way kind of reminded me of Katarina in that I would just poke then jump in and blow people up, but Katarina has good AoE when doing her burst, and a much better escape with her E and the speed boost from W. If we're comparing AP assassins Elise seems really subpar.

And as a jungler you have to hit the E in human form, which is a narrow skillshot. If you miss it well that's that, and if they decide to walk over to you after seeing it miss you'll blow up in 2sec because you're so damn squishy. Why would I ever pick her to jungle over someone like Maokai who has a lockon root and can actually survive if the enemy turns on him during a gank? As a jungler she also seems subpar.

She has some nice things about her but just seems so fragile and meh compared to other champs that can do the same roles, which sucks because I was really looking forward to her just like I was really looking forward to Kha'Zix (who also has the problem of being an extremely squishy jungler with very meh/hard-to-pull-off ganks).

Anyone want to share what they've learned about her, how you play her, what to build, etc? I'm hoping she's just a really high skill cap and is much better than she seems.
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#2TAMIUS_REBORN(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2012 9:09:54 PM
Instant pg3. Perhaps just one bump?
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#3Dark_DcPosted 10/26/2012 9:18:07 PM
Don't like her jungle. Seems like she'd get **** on due to clear speed.

I played her mid VS a brand and went 11 2 x, carried.

I maxed R W Q E, I just farmed until I could safely poke or had a gank (let him push me, cleared with Ws)

I built:

Boots to sorc
1 dorans
neg cloak into later abyssal
revolver
GB for later rylais
after that stuff luxury needlessly large rod

I combo'd: Shoot E, hit W, Hit Q, transform and move towards them, E to dodge any spells and jump on them, W Q AA Q ignite. Usually killed the Brand or anyone really. In teamfights focus on locking someone up with E and poking them with W/Q before fight, when it starts E W Q as before, then spider in and attack, E when they focus you and repeat as long as it goes on for, moving out to go to human form.

My deaths were me screwing up the E and getting exhausted/knocked up/stunned while being focused
---
The snozberries taste like snozberries!
LoL: dantheautomator
#4ShurikoPosted 10/26/2012 9:18:26 PM
5 warmog's
---
http://i.imgur.com/h0rM3.jpg
#5Dark_DcPosted 10/26/2012 9:20:41 PM
And if you want Kha Zix tips... go bruiser-ish (triforce + FH a must imo) or go carry if you're fed, evolve W first for slows on ganks, worst case you force flash best case kills.

Max Q/W depending, then E last and obs R first, always evolve W and E, then Q or R depends on enemy comp and how the game is going
---
The snozberries taste like snozberries!
LoL: dantheautomator