Big reddit topic on Froggen flaming

#11MonkeymooXDPosted 10/31/2012 10:54:40 AM
Man people get too sensitive.

It's a god damned game, if someone upsets you do /ignore. That or cry to mummy I dunno.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNrXMOSkBas
#12shackobrahPosted 10/31/2012 10:55:16 AM
This is pretty much equivalent to lebron james playing pickup basketball and mocking the other players on the team because they miss shots or make dumb mistakes.

What makes lebron great is that he does not place blame and takes it upon himself to do whatever job possible to win the game. Whether its pass shoot or rebound, he will do what it takes to win.

Froggen is a little child it seems like. And while I enjoy flaming on an internet game I am in no way a pro, and 95% of the time its in premade 5's with friends team vs team.
---
Avoid fruits and nuts. You are what you eat.
#13eco masterPosted 10/31/2012 11:00:14 AM(edited)
From: MonkeymooXD | Posted: 10/31/2012 12:54:40 PM | #011
Man people get too sensitive.

It's a god damned game, if someone upsets you do /ignore. That or cry to mummy I dunno.

It's not acceptable behavior, though. Sensitivity does not play a role here. Flaming your team is not a good thing and should not happen in this game.

and 95% of the time its in premade 5's with friends team vs team.

I think this makes all the difference, because you're talking to people you know. If they asked you to stop, you would, right? You know how far you can go when talking to people you know. When you're playing with random people, you don't know how far you can go, thus if you're going to talk to them, you'd want to keep it constructive. A friend? Go for it if they're fine with it.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#14EltoniaXPosted 10/31/2012 10:58:39 AM
That doesn't mean they can flame their teammates.

I didn't say it did.
---
you have some extreme mental instability issues- Lmaokai
I am a mobile fountain triangle!
#15EltoniaXPosted 10/31/2012 10:59:12 AM
This is pretty much equivalent to lebron james playing pickup basketball and mocking the other players on the team because they miss shots or make dumb mistakes.

What makes lebron great is that he does not place blame and takes it upon himself to do whatever job possible to win the game.

Yeah I'm sure you know lebron personally and know he'd never behave in that way.
---
#16TomorrowDogPosted 10/31/2012 11:03:19 AM
Kind of seems like people are making a bigger deal out of it than needed and I'm not sure what the point of it all is. Is he a jerk all the time, or are we literally getting in his face over one instance. Why hound somebody for losing their cool once, is that going to improve the situation or are these people just using it to feed their own egos putting him down.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#17eco masterPosted 10/31/2012 11:04:11 AM
I didn't say it did.

I must have misunderstood what you're saying when you say his explanation is solid. Does that mean it was okay for him to do what he did? I'm honestly kind of confused about your post - it seems like you're saying he's justified in flaming his teammate, but here you're saying it didn't.

Unless you're commenting on his statements regarding how stressful it is playing in a professional environment, in which case yeah, I'd imagine it definitely is something else that we're not familiar with, particularly in regards to playing this video game. A lot of people here seem to get stressed out over solo queue alone, but these players are being watched by a global audience, and so forth.

Even with that, though, I don't think he should have any leniency when it comes to him flaming his teammate (or whatever he wants to call it - he doesn't seem to understand the concept).
---
#18MonkeymooXDPosted 10/31/2012 11:05:22 AM
Honestly, "flaming" is the only interesting thing that happens in the chat. I would close it if people didn't rage.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNrXMOSkBas
#19EltoniaXPosted 10/31/2012 11:05:35 AM
I'm saying that it's understandable that people get stressed out and **** happens, and people shouldn't demonize the player overly so about it. It happened, lets move on.

Now if he displays a record of such behavior and continues to do so, then yeah he deserves to be heavily disliked.
---
#20eco masterPosted 10/31/2012 11:06:07 AM
Kind of seems like people are making a bigger deal out of it than needed and I'm not sure what the point of it all is. Is he a jerk all the time, or are we literally getting in his face over one instance. Why hound somebody for losing their cool once, is that going to improve the situation or are these people just using it to feed their own egos putting him down.

I think this is a deal where there's another instance of a popular player breaking code and either A) justifying it or B) not in danger of receiving any sort of punishment. To many, it feels like high-rate players are above the rules, and believe that they'd not receive punishment if they were reported. Is that true? I don't know, but it shouldn't be, and that's what people are concerned about.
---