Big reddit topic on Froggen flaming

#41_HeXPosted 10/31/2012 11:57:08 AM
Everyone can have a bad day, but that doesn't excuse his behaviour.

And by the look of it, he is trying to make it seem like he had a valid reason and was totally justifed for doing it. Which makes him look like a complete and utter douche. Own your actions and deal with the consequences of the choices you've made.You don't blame everyone else and act like a brat.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#42EltoniaXPosted 10/31/2012 11:59:16 AM
Well one part of it is that high elo players DO poke fun at each other a lot. If you've ever watched a stream you've seen it.
---
you have some extreme mental instability issues- Lmaokai
I am a mobile fountain triangle!
#43FvPPosted 10/31/2012 12:01:37 PM
More importantly - who wouldn't want Froggen mid on their team?
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#44FvPPosted 10/31/2012 12:01:53 PM
Well one part of it is that high elo players DO poke fun at each other a lot. If you've ever watched a stream you've seen it.

Namely 408
---
#45SophieLuvsTofuPosted 10/31/2012 12:05:03 PM
Either way they won so I don't see the big deal lol
---
http://i.imgur.com/N6JmN.jpg
Thanks mignoncurieux!
#46LysamusPosted 10/31/2012 12:05:12 PM
If the man is going to work in an industry that demands the public's eye in order to generate revenue, one would think he would understand that doing so comes with certain obligations in regards to image management and damage control. Apparently not it would seem.

The correct response after a leak such as this one would be to apologize to the wronged player, rather than to make excuses (and weak excuses at that).

If the pressures of tournament play truly vex him as much as he indicates in his rebuttal, perhaps he should consider a new line of work.
---
"Ten thousand fools proclaim themselves into obscurity, while one wise man forgets himself into immortality. - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr."
#47bobguydude1Posted 10/31/2012 12:08:31 PM
g-cube_masta posted...
Good guy Froggen trying to run a distraction play for LOD.

you might be on to something Mr. President.
---
YOU BROKE RNG!!?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!- insane_pyro74
#48GrizzlyBear222Posted 10/31/2012 12:13:59 PM
eco master posted...
Kind of seems like people are making a bigger deal out of it than needed and I'm not sure what the point of it all is. Is he a jerk all the time, or are we literally getting in his face over one instance. Why hound somebody for losing their cool once, is that going to improve the situation or are these people just using it to feed their own egos putting him down.

I think this is a deal where there's another instance of a popular player breaking code and either A) justifying it or B) not in danger of receiving any sort of punishment. To many, it feels like high-rate players are above the rules, and believe that they'd not receive punishment if they were reported. Is that true? I don't know, but it shouldn't be, and that's what people are concerned about.

This in a nutshell. I feel like if some random Tribunal case came up with this happening with a no-name player, they'd get punished for it. But because of Froggen's "pro" status, people are afraid that there won't be any repercussions for his actions.

Pro players should be role models, not perpetuating the actions that Riot is trying to get rid of.
---
GT: FalconPAUNCH666
#49raytrix1Posted 10/31/2012 12:15:15 PM
So what? I, and everyone else on this team, while having a bad day, can be a dick to other people as well.

It's the internet, and it's LoL. Don't act surprised and set morals you don't follow onto others.
#50FvPPosted 10/31/2012 12:16:35 PM
That Eve needs to cry more
---