Skintimidation, is it real?

#11dotsdfePosted 11/3/2012 1:35:58 AM
Yeah, I assume that if they have skins then they've put more time into the character and know them a lot better.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
#12protomole64Posted 11/3/2012 2:07:59 AM
Generally, I see a skin and tend to think they are above average with their character. I made a level 1 account today. First game in the account, Zombie Brand. Da hell? I went ashe mid against him (It's a level one game, **** happens. Plus I wanted an opportunity to farm without problems and other people). I thought perhaps he was a smurf. I killed him--as ashe, like 4 times before 15 minutes just in lane.

-.- bad brand.
---
Annie's always asking people to see her bare tibbers. ~ jalm94
#13VoidgolemPosted 11/3/2012 2:16:53 AM
Jetpack Darius is actually pretty intimidating.
---
"Assume all cover will explode. And if it doesn't explode, expect aliens to throw grenades in order to fix that"
#14Supah_AxelPosted 11/3/2012 2:34:07 AM
dotsdfe posted...
Yeah, I assume that if they have skins then they've put more time into the character and know them a lot better.

What about all the people rushing out to buy limited edition skins. I'm not too great with fiora and I bought her skin.

I also bought syndra in the bundle so I have her skin as well.
---
Not buying SSB4 without the inclusion of the flower fairy Lip as a playable character.
LoL ign: Bakabridget
#15LordClydePosted 11/3/2012 2:37:11 AM
Real pros don't buy skins.. Skins usually means scrub for me.
#16acetrainer95Posted 11/3/2012 2:58:31 AM
Dragonfable101 posted...
Ofc, Pulsefire Ez scares the crap out of everyone.

I find the contrary to be true, most PFEs I see are bandwagoners who bought him just because of how cool the skin looks and the sale.
---
PSN: acetrainerzx
"Only fools pledge life to honor."
#17Darth_KamcioPosted 11/3/2012 3:09:58 AM
True for anyone apart from free skins and Ballsfire Ezreal.
---
I love dragons!
White FC: 2194 3983 9072
#18LithspPosted 11/3/2012 3:22:42 AM
Depends on the champ.

If it's like Sejuani, or Trundle, or any other underused wrecking machine, I get a little scared, because chances are my team won't know how to deal with that champ if they are good with them.

Other than under used champs though, no, not in the slightest.. probably because I myself buy a skin as soon as I start using a champ. Like literally after 1 game with them.
So it definitely does not equate to skin = skill for me.
---
[]Signature[]
#19EphidelPosted 11/3/2012 4:18:09 AM
acetrainer95 posted...
Dragonfable101 posted...
Ofc, Pulsefire Ez scares the crap out of everyone.

I find the contrary to be true, most PFEs I see are bandwagoners who bought him just because of how cool the skin looks and the sale.

That's exactly why it's scary. You don't want to have that on your team.
---
When you close your eyes, I disappear.
http://i.imgur.com/BParF.gif
#20halo3brunoPosted 11/3/2012 4:28:11 AM
I feel that this philosophy only holds true to new players that don't do any better (That being me for sure when I started playing).
---
This is GameFAQs. Two-thirds of the people on here should not be allowed to leave their homes without a giant, neon warning sign above them - C_Dub7