Skintimidation, is it real?

#21user_ptPosted 11/3/2012 5:50:53 AM
I usually play more carefully against a skinned champion, its a fact, maybe because normally people buy the skins for those champions they play with more often and therefore are better at playing them. Of course this isn't always true, sometimes, after a couple of minutes into a game I realize that the player who owns the skinned champion is probably a rich kid who has the money but lacks the skill.
Since I do not own any skins other than the free ones, I believe I don't cause any "skintimidation" to anybody.
#22DeanyzyPosted 11/3/2012 7:24:16 AM
When I first started playing I used to see skins as kind of like a mark of mastery, if I met someone with a skin then they were obviously proficient with the champion. I don't hold people with skins to such high standards anymore though. Money doesn't always equal skill.
#23Master Of The DeadPosted 11/3/2012 7:39:07 AM
I'd say a Skin shows that someone does or wants to play a certain champ a lot. Nothing more.
---
www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif
#24_HeXPosted 11/3/2012 7:40:30 AM
I buy skins for two reasons;

1. I like the champion and I want to look good while using him/her.
2. Their default skin is absolutely ***** horrible and when I'm using that champion I don't want to look like a bum.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#25funkedelikePosted 11/3/2012 7:41:59 AM
I always look at skins on less played champs, like Rumble or Shaco. If I see a Shaco on my team and he doesn't have a skin, I just assume he will feed. But if he has one, I assume he will at least put up a fight before feeding.
---
PSN: boozinator23
Steam/LoL/Minecraft: Funkedelike
#26GevaudenPosted 11/3/2012 7:44:35 AM
LordClyde posted...
Real pros don't buy skins.. Skins usually means scrub for me.

Lol get a job.
---
good, let the hatred flow through you. waste more of your own time. yes...good
#27OctansPosted 11/3/2012 8:18:39 AM
everyone knows skins = skill

if you get a skin that means you are good. no question asked.
---
Not changing this until the Mariners win the world series.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n69/paulfuss/SteamPunk.png
#28BiglabronPosted 11/3/2012 8:31:29 AM
The only champion I would be remotely worried about having a skin is nasus.

As a strong nasus player who has a skin for him I know not many people get a Nasus skin unless they are pretty darn good with him.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#29Extension_ForcePosted 11/3/2012 9:01:13 AM
usually i assume that someone with a skin has played at least a few games with that champ....but i always find it wise to feel out your lane opponent for a minute or so before diving headfirst into a duel whether they have a skin or not, so it doesnt really affect how i play

that being said, i dread going into a game and finding like a poppy with a skin. you KNOW that nobody with a poppy skin is playing their first game with them, and in normals that usually means your top is going to get %$^%# up.