Do you think Karthus should be nerfed?

#11Morrowind789Posted 11/5/2012 4:37:45 AM(edited)
Forgettable posted...
He's perfectly balanced and no more OP than kogmaw.

In a game with over 100 champs and all the permutations of a 5v5 team situation included (or even just the viable champs instead of the full roster) there is no such thing as perfect balance.

it will always be a work in progress

course if you're trolling, i can't tell and ignore this, but just sayin
---
SC2 : Koroioz 450
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS
#12YakatoPosted 11/5/2012 4:43:41 AM
Because of his passive and his ultimate, he will always remain a highly valued competitive pick. It wouldn't be fair to nerf him just to cater for competitive play though. They have tried increasing the ultimate's cooldown significantly and reducing the passive by a second but Karthus will always remain viable unless they cut the passive time by half or destroy his ratios or something. It is difficult to balance a champion whose kit allows him to become unstoppable late game.
---
Playing League of Legends
#13themagicpainmanPosted 11/5/2012 5:51:15 AM
I could see them reducing his Ult's damage while dead.
---
http://i.imgur.com/1hsMf.jpg
Not changing this sig until Happy Trees Maokai is released. SPREAD THE WORD PEOPLE.
#14GotTheGreensPosted 11/5/2012 5:56:02 AM
lmfao. Karthus is no where near op.
---
Stop! You've violated the law! Pay the court fine or serve your sentence. Your stolen goods are now forfeit.
#15Cmac4Posted 11/5/2012 5:56:20 AM
Yakato posted...
Because of his passive and his ultimate, he will always remain a highly valued competitive pick. It wouldn't be fair to nerf him just to cater for competitive play though. They have tried increasing the ultimate's cooldown significantly and reducing the passive by a second but Karthus will always remain viable unless they cut the passive time by half or destroy his ratios or something. It is difficult to balance a champion whose kit allows him to become unstoppable late game.

This, yeah he is still widely picked in competitive play but its because those guys are actually willing to spend the time to get pretty amazing at him. At the level the other 95% of LoL players are at he is really just an Ult Bot since very few are able to utilize his insanely high sustained damage or his passive. I think hes fine where he is.
#16TomorrowDogPosted 11/5/2012 6:58:45 AM
I feel like the slow on Wall of Pain is too strong, particularly once it has been leveled. 80%, 5 seconds, AoE, 1000 range... He's got enough strengths without a slow that strong.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#17deoxxysPosted 11/5/2012 7:25:45 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Nerf him AGAIN? No.

---
Any Goat on a cliff would tell you that..
#18Sword_SlasherPosted 11/5/2012 7:26:49 AM
^ He has no means of escape, though, so he pretty much needs it. (Ryze has snare, Heim has stun) I think it'd be much better if it was shorter length, with a way weaker slow but much shorter CD.
---
bricks on bricks on bricks
http://imageshack.us/a/img528/6297/47282083.png
#19luuk_uPosted 11/5/2012 7:34:26 AM
He's only OP in competitive play, which is nothing we should be talking about.