people who say "easy" at the end of games. punish or pardon?

#31GoldenFantasyPosted 11/5/2012 8:57:29 AM
Ephemeral1 posted...
Also, for those of you in the "rules are rules" camp: I sincerely doubt you abide by every traffic law. I doubt that you come to a full and complete stop at every stop sign, and I doubt you've never exceeded the speed limit. I sure as hell doubt that you've ever gotten pulled over and said "you got me officer, rules are rules." Again, stop pretending that you occupy some kind of moral high ground because of Riot's naïveté and bad business sense. You care less about the community than you do being justifiably vindictive to your fellow players, and in the end you're no better than me or anyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks
#32Ephemeral1Posted 11/5/2012 8:58:39 AM
Heh: "You are ignoring 1 message(s) from users on this page." Maybe I was wrong, maybe the troll is still wasting his breath anyways.
#33AdelbertSteinerPosted 11/5/2012 8:59:16 AM(edited)
Also, for those of you in the "rules are rules" camp: I sincerely doubt you abide by every traffic law. I doubt that you come to a full and complete stop at every stop sign, and I doubt you've never exceeded the speed limit. I sure as hell doubt that you've ever gotten pulled over and said "you got me officer, rules are rules." Again, stop pretending that you occupy some kind of moral high ground because of Riot's naïveté and bad business sense. You care less about the community than you do being justifiably vindictive to your fellow players, and in the end you're no better than me or anyone else.

I come to a complete stop at every stop sign.
I USED to drive over the speed limit, but then I got pulled over so I don't anymore.

We're not pretending that we're on a "moral high ground." We just follow the rules of the game, and report anybody that is breaking them.
---
Your home wrecking skills are remarkable! - josay25936
3DS FC - 0989-2192-0709 (Hashgurl)
#34XcaIIionPosted 11/5/2012 8:59:44 AM
Ephemeral1 posted...

i do abide by every traffic law though. i am a very careful driver. never been pulled over by cops either, so i havent had the chance to say "you got me officer, rules are rules."

i'm sure i will say something along those lines though if it ever happens.
i do like a good community. i feel like being nice to randoms is important in most games and i am more likely to get angry at myself than anyone else in my game. just the kind of guy i am.
---
Ahri is mai waifu
Join the glorius evolution!
#35Rookie_JetPosted 11/5/2012 9:01:36 AM
Pardon...it's rude, yes, but it's really not THAT big a deal. If they're talking trash all game, then maybe punish, but one little comment at the end of the match...people just need to learn to let stuff go. Someone berating you for a whole match (20-40 min) could really spoil your experience, but if you let one word, especially not a racial slur, offend you that much, I think you just need to grow thicker skin. The real world is a whole lot meaner than a couple jerks saying "gg easy" every once in a while.
#36SoIldSnlvyPosted 11/5/2012 9:10:38 AM
Pardon, 1 word that isn't directed towards somebody offensively does not incite a report. If they have some sort of verbal abuse towards their team or otherwise then I'll punish based off that, not their way of saying gg at the end of the game.
---
Official and Original Mountain-Eating Goddamn Aggron of the Black/White Boards
AKA Ninjaluffy/ Minecraft Name: Anaven
#37bobguydude1Posted 11/5/2012 9:14:35 AM
punish because bla.... je..... asi..... just because alright.
---
YOU BROKE RNG!!?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!- insane_pyro74
#38LysamusPosted 11/5/2012 9:17:00 AM
Ephemeral1 posted...
Heh: "You are ignoring 1 message(s) from users on this page." Maybe I was wrong, maybe the troll is still wasting his breath anyways.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you our model for "grown up" behavior.
---
"Ten thousand fools proclaim themselves into obscurity, while one wise man forgets himself into immortality. - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr."
#39VanfernalPosted 11/5/2012 9:19:20 AM
"And thirdly, the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules." - Hector Barbossa

But honestly... People take the code too seriously. Especially people who say that Riot should swing the ban hammer over someone saying something as insignificant as "easy" after a game. You people obviously never played a fighting game at the arcades, or a fps with voice chat in your life. Or played any sport for that matter. If it's competitive in nature there WILL be some sort of gloating from the victor.

And by that same token, whoever reported the guy who said "easy" didn't read that the Summoner's Code says " We all know that losing can be frustrating, particularly if it’s a close game or one that’s completely one sided, but nobody likes a sore loser." So there, Riot says to SUCK IT THE HELL UP. Follow the code and stop crying and reporting people who did better than you.

PS:
Funny how in this game there are commands for taunts, laughs, and dances to harass your enemy mid game. People who use those should be reported and punished too, lol
#40l3erserkPosted 11/5/2012 9:27:32 AM
Punish.. with another witty comment back of course. Nothing vulgar. If I'm going to talk trash talk in all good fun, I expect it back, and I am disappointed when it doesn't come back.
To me it adds to the game. Everyone should know we're just kidding, and at the end of the day, its a game. To each his own, I suppose.
---
The Wheel weaves as The Wheel wills.