people who say "easy" at the end of games. punish or pardon?

#41mightGuyPosted 11/5/2012 10:30:46 AM
pardon, makes no sense to punish. i hate how this community has two extremes. those who punish for every little thing that's said because they had a bad game or those who are complete jerks. there's always gonna be trash talking sos deal with it. you cant go to someone in the street who you don't like and say im reporting you. man up and deal with people you don't like. report when needed, not off of some baby smack talk.
#42DragonslashPosted 11/5/2012 10:31:15 AM
At worst that comes off as playful banter.
Why does it bother you guys so much that someone said ONE thing to you that was probably just funny in their eyes? Big deal. Not worth a punish. Your judgement systems are way too harsh and honestly most people hypocritical anyway.
Get over yourselves if something like that really bothers you that much.
---
My code 3694 9741 2596
Nick= WooDo
#43GoldenFantasyPosted 11/5/2012 10:43:20 AM
The thing is, you don't have to say gg easy. You can celebrate if you want off screen, but if you say it, the other players don't know the context, and you come off as sort of a douche.
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks
#44Rookie_JetPosted 11/5/2012 10:43:36 AM
Vanfernal posted...
"And thirdly, the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules." - Hector Barbossa

But honestly... People take the code too seriously. Especially people who say that Riot should swing the ban hammer over someone saying something as insignificant as "easy" after a game. You people obviously never played a fighting game at the arcades, or a fps with voice chat in your life. Or played any sport for that matter. If it's competitive in nature there WILL be some sort of gloating from the victor.

And by that same token, whoever reported the guy who said "easy" didn't read that the Summoner's Code says " We all know that losing can be frustrating, particularly if itís a close game or one thatís completely one sided, but nobody likes a sore loser." So there, Riot says to SUCK IT THE HELL UP. Follow the code and stop crying and reporting people who did better than you.

PS:
Funny how in this game there are commands for taunts, laughs, and dances to harass your enemy mid game. People who use those should be reported and punished too, lol

Haha, interesting point!
#45Ephemeral1Posted 11/5/2012 10:47:19 AM
GoldenFantasy posted...
The thing is, you don't have to say gg easy. You can celebrate if you want off screen, but if you say it, the other players don't know the context, and you come off as sort of a douche.

The thing is, you don't have to let it bother you. Aside from the rules, what's wrong with being a douche?
#46shrimp1992Posted 11/5/2012 10:49:53 AM
I say ezpz at the end of every match. If that offends you then you have real life problems and should be in therapy, not in a league game.
---
Falcons record 4-0
#47Rookie_JetPosted 11/5/2012 10:49:53 AM
Ephemeral1 posted...
GoldenFantasy posted...

The thing is, you don't have to let it bother you. Aside from the rules, what's wrong with being a douche?

*Sigh*...I'm on the pardon side, but you're making this side look REALLY bad...
#48GynthaeresPosted 11/5/2012 10:51:05 AM
Ephemeral1 posted...
Kirbix posted...
Ephemeral1 posted...
Christ, how do you people function in real life without a tribunal to go tattling to? Grow up and stop being so thin skinned.

You're one of those kids who gets put in detention after school and defiantly claims that "school rules are stupid and so I shouldn't have to follow them!" Aren't you?

Rules are rules. Feel free to whine when you're punished for not following them, but they are what they are.

I'm one of those adults who expects other people to act like adults and not start crying over something as trivial as language use. Not an unfair expectation considering the nature of online games and their ratings. If you're looking for a more juvenile gaming experience, I recommend pokemon. I'd watch out, though - you'll get quite a taunting from those gym leaders, and I don't think they can be reported.

It's funny how the definition of "adult" changes from person to person. Me, I think "acting like an adult" means showing your opponent some respect, rather than taunting them childishly.
And as an adult, I would be quite happy to have the "kids" get a time-out until they can figure out how to show a bit of respect.

The less taunting and the more good-natured play we have, the better the game is for everyone.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#49LooksLikeRainPosted 11/5/2012 10:51:46 AM
ssupermario92 posted...
damien91 posted...
Vanfernal posted...
It's not graceful... however, it's not really a punishable offense. Online games will have trash talk, that is a given. Besides, saying "easy" is pretty tamed compared to the usual crap you hear after a match.

Actually, it is a punishable offense. It's against the Summoner's Code.

even then, it's not that big of a deal.

Would you tell the cops if someone were to call you a female dog?

I can't wait to see an episode of cops where they're like, "He stole a car, but it was only a junker. We're gonna let him go."
---
They call 'em rogues. They travel fast and alone.
#50Blizzard09Posted 11/5/2012 10:52:00 AM
Witch__Hazel posted...
Pardon, trash talking is naturally part of any competitive game and if it offends you, you shouldn't play.

But is always the bads that trash talk....
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.