people who say "easy" at the end of games. punish or pardon?

#61Ephemeral1Posted 11/5/2012 12:19:30 PM
Black_Assassin posted...
Ephemeral1 posted...
And you've completely missed the point. It's not the use of language that distinguishes you as an adult, but how you respond to it. Mature individuals could care less about petty name calling. Sticks and stones, remember?

I would classify silently forwarding the issue to the proper authorities as a mature response.

And I would classify it as vindictive, considering the fact that there are other options available to you that enable everyone to play the game as they see fit. If saying 'gg easy' bothers you then you have the emotional tolerance of a child. If it doesn't bother you then simply ignoring it in the first place is the most appropriate, mature response.
#62jepaanPosted 11/5/2012 12:21:43 PM
Ephemeral1 posted...
strange_guy posted...
Love it how some adults think using language is a mature thing when 12 year olds use the exact same words.

And you've completely missed the point. It's not the use of language that distinguishes you as an adult, but how you respond to it. Mature individuals could care less about petty name calling. Sticks and stones, remember?

You're off point again. Nobody is saying that you should cry yourself to sleep each night when someone says "easy", but if you have a tribunal case where someone has been reported for doing so, you should press punish. This has been confirmed by Riot so many times. If you do not want to press punish because you're a self-proclaimed "though guy adult", at least have the common decency to either stop using "The Tribunal", or skip the cases in which someone says "easy".
---
-
#63HL_is_the_bestPosted 11/5/2012 12:22:37 PM
Ephemeral1 posted...
strange_guy posted...
Love it how some adults think using language is a mature thing when 12 year olds use the exact same words.

Mature individuals could care less about someone punching you in the face after you lost a football game? That's a crime and against the law. Saying "gg too ez noobs" is against The Summoner's Code.
---
''Is it possible to kill the Scout with his own balls if you handle your blast with skill?'' USTraficant
#64Michael-kunPosted 11/5/2012 12:22:44 PM
lol, people are so easily rustled in this game
---
http://i.imgur.com/FIMMi.gif
#65Hi2utooPosted 11/5/2012 12:23:02 PM
If Riot is really gung ho about good sportsmanship then obviously Punish, because obviously the sole reason for saying that is to taunt your opponent in defeat.
---
Jeremy Lin will be busting his way onto the bench this season.
#66Rookie_JetPosted 11/5/2012 12:25:48 PM
HL_is_the_best posted...
Ephemeral1 posted...
strange_guy posted...

Mature individuals could care less about someone punching you in the face after you lost a football game? That's a crime and against the law. Saying "gg too ez noobs" is against The Summoner's Code.

LoL...not the same...
#67casperrulezPosted 11/5/2012 12:26:57 PM
You guys obviously don't understand how to gloat after a victory.

You don't talk in all chat like a dumb.

You instead /taunt or /laugh while standing next to their exploding nexus. Nothing beats telling them they have just been defeated by a little girl while the glorious crystal thingy they have been defending for the last half hour implodes.
---
ThisIsOchoa anywhere it matters
Nothing I post is relevant. Ever.
#68strange_guyPosted 11/5/2012 12:30:57 PM
@Ephemeral1 I personally think it's silly that people here want to ban others for something sarcastic or "rude" things but at the same time I am sick of the idiots who think they are mature for using 4 lettered words that even a child could spell. But of course that's liberal and democratic thinking for you.
#69Ephemeral1Posted 11/5/2012 12:32:05 PM
HL_is_the_best posted...
Lysamus posted...
Ephemeral1 posted...
Heh: "You are ignoring 1 message(s) from users on this page." Maybe I was wrong, maybe the troll is still wasting his breath anyways.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you our model for "grown up" behavior.

QFT

A troll with good diction is still a troll. I wouldn't hold up Lysamus as anything more than an exemplar of immature, focused derision, spurious demeanor, and hypocrisy, lest you be considered a hypocrite yourself.

At any rate, I'm glad to see he's proven my point for me, as expected.
#70Rookie_JetPosted 11/5/2012 12:34:56 PM
strange_guy posted...
@Ephemeral1 I personally think it's silly that people here want to ban others for something sarcastic or "rude" things but at the same time I am sick of the idiots who think they are mature for using 4 lettered words that even a child could spell. But of course that's liberal and democratic thinking for you.

I'm DEFINITELY not on Ephemeral's side, but I don't think that's his point at all...He just wants everyone to ignore smack talk to just talk back because for him, it's all for fun. Unfortunately, he either doesn't see or doesn't care that it's not necessarily fun for others and would rather them adhere to his ideal situation (again, use ignore feature or return smack talk).

Am I on the ball here, Ephemeral?