people who say "easy" at the end of games. punish or pardon?

#71mutation10101Posted 11/5/2012 12:36:59 PM
People take games way too seriously. Usually it is quite a stomping, so I'd pardon. The only time I would EVER punish something like that is if the person said it got decimated throughout the whole game, and was carried to hell and back. I'd punish simply because of their cockiness.
---
10-6-12 The day LoL kept crashing to save the wards.
#72ssupermario92Posted 11/5/2012 12:38:46 PM
Michael-kun posted...
lol, jimmies are so easily rustled in this game

FTFY
---
Super Mario Bros. 3 is better then Super Mario World
People who agree: 30 PM if you think so as well
#73LysamusPosted 11/5/2012 12:53:11 PM(edited)
Rookie_Jet posted...
strange_guy posted...
@Ephemeral1 I personally think it's silly that people here want to ban others for something sarcastic or "rude" things but at the same time I am sick of the idiots who think they are mature for using 4 lettered words that even a child could spell. But of course that's liberal and democratic thinking for you.

I'm DEFINITELY not on Ephemeral's side, but I don't think that's his point at all...He just wants everyone to ignore smack talk to just talk back because for him, it's all for fun. Unfortunately, he either doesn't see or doesn't care that it's not necessarily fun for others and would rather them adhere to his ideal situation (again, use ignore feature or return smack talk).

I think you've nailed it friend. It's unfortunate that he's unable to construct a more persuasive argument. Perhaps he's forgotten that his point is meaningless if he's unable to convince others of its validity. Maybe I can help him in this regard.

**clear's throat**

While Riot does provide everyone with the report option and clearly outlines what gaming sins should and should not be reported, one should first ask themselves why they are reporting someone in the first place?

Is it because they've offended you? While reporting them will drive the offender away, there will always be others to follow in his or her wake, and the battle will never end. A better alternative would be to remember that, after the game is over, no one will remember who won and who lost, and that in the end, there's no reason to emotionally invest in the outcome of any one given match. Best instead to learn from what went wrong and focus on improving your own gameplay, instead of allowing yourself to be distracted by the antics of a misanthrope. After all, they don't deserve your attention.

Is it for the greater good of trying to clean up the community? While your actions are indeed noble, you must consider that they are depriving others the opportunity to face adversity in the form of verbal abuse. In essence, you are making a decision for the community to shield them from forces that might either wound them or strengthen their resolve while robbing that same community of the opportunity to make that same choice for themselves. It is true that Riot ultimately bears responsibility for the bannings, but you are doing your part to strip the community's freedoms away nevertheless.

If, in the end, you come up with no better answer than doing what Riot has instructed you to do, I say you are doing yourself a disservice friend. The very fact that you can play this game with any degree of competence suggests that you bear both intelligence and critical thinking abilities (this game is not, by any means, user friendly). Employ those skills and make your own impact on this world, rather than allowing others to use you for their own purposes.

**momentary pause**

But in all seriousness, just report them. They have to learn somehow.
---
"Ten thousand fools proclaim themselves into obscurity, while one wise man forgets himself into immortality. - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr."
#74Ephemeral1Posted 11/5/2012 1:01:59 PM(edited)
Rookie_Jet posted...
strange_guy posted...
@Ephemeral1 I personally think it's silly that people here want to ban others for something sarcastic or "rude" things but at the same time I am sick of the idiots who think they are mature for using 4 lettered words that even a child could spell. But of course that's liberal and democratic thinking for you.

I'm DEFINITELY not on Ephemeral's side, but I don't think that's his point at all...He just wants everyone to ignore smack talk to just talk back because for him, it's all for fun. Unfortunately, he either doesn't see or doesn't care that it's not necessarily fun for others and would rather them adhere to his ideal situation (again, use ignore feature or return smack talk).

Am I on the ball here, Ephemeral?

Hmm, more or less.

Look, I understand we all have conflicting things that we want to get out of our gaming experience. They want X, I want Y, and the burden has to fall on one of the two parties to acquiesce. Apparently I'm on the losing side, simply because it's Riot's say-so. Still, I see no reason why my ideas couldn't or wouldn't equate to a compromise where everyone gets most of what they want, instead of the current one sided system where the 'dicks' and 'douches' are at the mercy of supposedly mature individuals who can't handle a little razzing. Yes, that shifts the burden onto them, but I honestly think that's the most fair situation, and it's really as simple as using the features that are already in place, which were designed for this very purpose, but are by and large neglected in favor of the report button. They get to play, I get to play, and Riot keeps making money. Is that REALLY so unreasonable?
#75strange_guyPosted 11/5/2012 12:58:20 PM
Lysamus posted...
Rookie_Jet posted...
strange_guy posted...

I think you've nailed it friend. It's unfortunate that he's unable to construct a more persuasive argument. Perhaps he's forgotten that his point is meaningless if he's unable to convince others of its validity. Maybe I can help him in this regard.

**clear's throat**

While Riot does provide everyone with the report option and clearly outlines what gaming sins should and should not be reported, one should first ask themselves why they are reporting someone in the first place?

Is it because they've offended you? While reporting them will drive the offender away, there will always be others to follow in his or her wake, and the battle will never end. A better alternative would be to remember that, after the game is over, no one will remember who won and who lost, and that in the end, there's no reason to emotionally invest in the outcome of any one given match. Best instead to learn from what went wrong and focus on improving your own gameplay, instead of allowing yourself to be distracted by the antics of a misanthrope. After all, they don't deserve your attention.

Is it for the greater good of trying to clean up the community? While your actions are indeed noble, you must consider that they are depriving others the opportunity to face adversity in the form of verbal abuse. In essence, you are making a decision for the community to shield them from forces that might either wound them or strengthen their resolve while robbing that same community of the opportunity to make that same choice for themselves. It is true that Riot ultimately bears responsibility for the bannings, but you are doing your part to strip the community's freedoms away nevertheless.

If, in the end, you come up with no better answer than doing what Riot has instructed you to do, I say you are doing yourself a disservice friend. The very fact that you can play this game with any degree of competence suggests that you bear both intelligence and critical thinking abilities (this game is not, by any means, user friendly). Employ those skills and make your own impact on this world, rather than allowing others to use you for their own purposes.

**momentary pause**

But in all seriousness, just report them. They have to learn somehow.

Even though I know you were being sarcastic, you actually sounded a lot more intelligent than Ephemeral1 did when he was being serious. Nice, but still I don't think anybody should be reported for saying, "easymode" or "lol gg baddies". If you can't handle that, then I don't know why you are even playing games or socializing with people at all but at the same time they shouldn't be cussing every 10 seconds and calling everyone idiots when they make mistakes. That's reportable.
#76gaara999999Posted 11/5/2012 12:58:46 PM
strange_guy posted...
Love it how some adults think using language is a mature thing when 12 year olds use the exact same words.

Mature individuals could care less about petty name calling. Sticks and stones, remember?

Yes. That's why we are allowed to call black people n******, right? Because if they are mature, they don't care about the namecalling.
---
Your Existance is a plothole - Kaiolini
You aren't on YouTube so this makes your topic not real so hurhurhur. -Drekerr
#77captainmurphy72Posted 11/5/2012 12:58:54 PM
Really rude to say that, but I would pardon it. By itself, it isn't severe enough to warrant action on an account.

Maybe I'm just bad at the Tribunal though.
---
HAHAHAHAHA - Me
#78Rookie_JetPosted 11/5/2012 1:04:47 PM
Lysamus posted...

**clear's throat**

**momentary pause**

Eloquently put.

Ephemeral1 posted...
Hmm, more or less.

Look, I understand we all have conflicting things that we want to get out of our gaming experience. They want X, I want Y, and the burden has to fall on one of the two parties to acquiesce. Apparently I'm on the losing side, simply because it's Riot's say-so. Still, I see no reason why my ideas couldn't or wouldn't equate to a compromise where everyone gets most of what they want, instead of the current one sided system where the 'dicks' and 'douches' are at the mercy of supposedly mature individuals who can't handle a little razzing. Yes, that shifts the burden onto them, but I honestly think that's the most fair situation, and it's really as simple as using the features that are ready in place, but are by and large neglected in favor of the report button. They get to play, I get to play, and Riot keeps making money. Is that REALLY so unreasonable?

As you said, it's clear we will not agree on this situation. But I just wonder if you can have fun playing this game by actually playing the game. If the smack talk is necessary for you to have fun, you might consider another hobby. If not, just play with friends who understand that you're just joking.

I do think people are over-sensitive about games like this, but I'm still willing to be considerate of them. I save my trash talk for friends and family because they agree it's fun and I know I'm not ruining their experience whereas I can not say the same for that stranger on a computer far away from me.

I personally have only ever used report for AFK/leaver though.
#79LysamusPosted 11/5/2012 1:06:57 PM(edited)
strange_guy posted...

Even though I know you were being sarcastic, you actually sounded a lot more intelligent than Ephemeral1 did when he was being serious. Nice, but still I don't think anybody should be reported for saying, "easymode" or "lol gg baddies". If you can't handle that, then I don't know why you are even playing games or socializing with people at all but at the same time they shouldn't be cussing every 10 seconds and calling everyone idiots when they make mistakes. That's reportable.

I respect how you feel, and you're certainly entitled to vote as you will on any tribunal case. I'm glad we can both find common ground on how to handle individuals who are needlessly vulgar or excessively negative/abusive to their own team.
---
"Ten thousand fools proclaim themselves into obscurity, while one wise man forgets himself into immortality. - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr."
#80Fire_AwayPosted 11/5/2012 1:06:35 PM
there is definitely a fine line between someone going out of their way to be a douche and saying "easy", one time, at the end of the match. Just use your judgment.
---
Now playing: League Of Legends (FireAwayX), Planescape: Torment, Dungeon Defenders (PC), Guild Wars 2 (Floralei/Crownbird)